fuel spewing

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
So, I took the Dart out for the first time this year, she was running strong. So, I ran it through the paces pretty good. Oops, out of gas. So my buddy brings gas, we get it running and get it home. I was only 1/4 mile or so from the house but it was running real bad. Pulled the air cleaner today and started it, fuel was spewing out of the front fuel bowl vent. When I brought it home, it was the rear vent?? I assume I picked up some crap and it got stuck in the float(s)??? Any easy fix??
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• carb2rev.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 135
Easiest thing is to remove your needle and seat assembly by unscrewing them from the top of the float bowls. Give them a good spray with carb cleaner, put them back into the bowl and adjust float level. This will work as long as you don't have too much crap in the bowl. Don't forget to clean or change your fuel filter. If this doesn't solve the problem then you may need to remove the bowls and clean them out.

Both above,try the tap trick first. If that doesn't work,count the screw turns coming out.(remember/write it down). Thinking post 3 first,post 2 second.

Thanks you all, had to pull the needle valve and seat out. Big chunk of crap in there but she's running great!! I appreciate it!!

Sometimes pinching off the fuel line till the engine starts to stumble and then releasing it will flush crap out of the needle and seat. (sometimes)
It's the first thing I try, and then the others.

Trying to turn yourself into your member name? :)

Glad you got it figured out!

Occasionally, the floats will saturate and sink, causing the same issue. Ethanol eats/hardens the tip of the needle so it won't seat. Same with the o-ring, shrinks it so it won't seal. Just a couple of other possibles if it happens again and it's not a booger in the assembly!

Trying to turn yourself into your member name? :)

Glad you got it figured out!

Occasionally, the floats will saturate and sink, causing the same issue. Ethanol eats/hardens the tip of the needle so it won't seat. Same with the o-ring, shrinks it so it won't seal. Just a couple of other possibles if it happens again and it's not a booger in the assembly!

lol, I was hitting it pretty hard the other day, I pulled it apart and there was a big wad of crap in there, almost seemed like rubber or neoprene. All good now though. Thanks Rob!!!!!

-
Back