Fuel stabilizers....Sta-bil or Sea Foam ???

-

rod locker

Reaction score
Wondering it there was an advantage of either Sea Foam or Sta-bil your car, boat, motorcycle, and/or lawn mowers. Does anyone else use them? Worried aoubt the ehenol content of gas and the damage it can cause.

I use sta bil in motorcycles and other small engine vehicles, I have never needed it in a car of truck, dont think it could hurt though

I have used StaBil for years, but this year I switched to the new BLUE StaBil Marine formula

The marine stuff does not affect the performance, use one oz. per 5 gallon of gas, good for up to 12 months

I like sea foam for spring start up to help clean the system, but have never tried it as stabilizer.

I put Sta-bil into anything that is going to be sitting for more than a month. I put Seafoam into anything that I get that might have bad gas already in it. 1/3 can in the tank, 1/3 can in the crankcase and 1/3 can poured slowly down the carb.

I've used both with good results. Sea Foam is a all purpose product where Stabil
is just a conditioner for storage. What ever you treat your car with, make sure you run it long enough to get in the carb. Mike

-
Back