Fuel Sump info or pics

-

wigsplitter74

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
Well, I'm kinda glad to say that I'm having a fuel pickup issue when I launch the car with anything under a half a tank it just runs away from the stock pickup and the car falls off then a moment later it picks back up. Since I am unempoyed a new fuel cell is kinda out of budget for now. So I'm thinking I'll just get one of those weld in sumps and try that for a while.
I'm wondering what steps need to be taken to make sure the tank is ready for it and I won't go boom. Also if anyone hs a sump and can post a pic of it I'd appreciate the visual. . . On the bright side though, this means it's getting faster (12.24@112 with limited traction)

How long after you nail it does it fall on it's face?

Instantly

A couple of seconds

10 seconds

ok here is a pic of the sump. And you mean street racing is not legal wow now what do i do with my car ? DO IT ANY WAY !

Attachments

• 1969 bee 008.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 274
How long after you nail it does it fall on it's face?

Instantly

A couple of seconds

10 seconds

B) A couple of seconds, then when the nose drops off it waits a moment and takes off again. The first time it happened I was like WTF?? then I put in a few gallons of gas, launched it again and problem solved lol so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track here.

Mr. Super bee you will get a pm telling you to remove the curse word from your sig, trust me, my sig hasn't always said "forget it" :-D

I put one on my Barracuda about 10 years ago. Competition Engineering kit. Pretty straight forward instructions. Just be sure your tank is empty and wash it out with plenty of water.

what kinda size line and what pump are you going to use man? what et are you actually aiming for?

this is on a stock tank for a 68 hemi car

Attachments

• 100_3482.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 237
What are some of the benefits of running a sump like this. Im just to young to know the difference and would like to know.

What are some of the benefits of running a sump like this. Im just to young to know the difference and would like to know.

under acceleration when all the fuel sloshes to the back of the tank, the stock pickup at the front can be starved of fuel...with the sump on the back, the pickup will get fuel even when the car is launching because all the fuel slosh is going to the back of the tank where the pickup and sump now is

under acceleration when all the fuel sloshes to the back of the tank, the stock pickup at the front can be starved of fuel...with the sump on the back, the pickup will get fuel even when the car is launching because all the slosh is going to the back of the tank where the pickup and sump now is

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up.

-
Back