fuel tank vent line??????

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I hope this isnt a stupid question but here it goes. 67 Dart, fuel tank in and fuel filler neck. Question is, The vent line, were does it go? Does it follow the filler tube in the tank or does it sit outside of it? I have searched this came up blank, I know it attaches up top of the filler tube but after that im puzzled. :banghead:Sorry dum question

It follows the tube down and exits the trunk next to the filler tube it does not go into the tank. Just exits the trunk.

I've posted this until I'm blue in the face, LOL

Right out of the service manual

2cmugso.jpg

There are no valves or tricks in the A bodies before the evap control stuff came along. The tube connects to the filler neck "up high" and goes clear up against the inner side of the top of the quarter

This creates a siphon breaker. Only way this could ever siphon is if the tank is incredibly full, and parked with the filler down on a side hill

The open end of the tube simply ends inside the frame. I'd guess for physical protection.

I was wondering that as well, what about the other port on the sending unit. One goes to the engine, where does the other go or does it get capped off with a plug

-
Back