Full racing electronics?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I used to bracket race my four door, four speed, '65 Plymouth Valiant at Fremont Raceway back in the 1970's. Last nite I went to Sonoma Raceway (as a spectator). I noticed on the raceway today something I was not familiar with under their Wednesday nite drags classifications:

Jackpot
Open to vehicles 7.50 and slower. Cross-Talk permitted.
Additional fee collected prior to eliminations. Vehicles
may have full racing electronics

I don't have a clue what is meant by "Cross-Talk permitted" or "full racing electronics".

I drag race and I'm not sure what the cross talk stuff is but the full racing electronics refers to the use of delay boxes, tranny brakes, and throttle stops.

I drag race and I'm not sure what the cross talk stuff is but the full racing electronics refers to the use of delay boxes, tranny brakes, and throttle stops.
----------------I
think that crosstalk means he can work off ur dial in. I have never used the dam junk tho,it`s ruining dragracing.

I agree. I can see trans brakes as many cars are so hot the brakes just won't hold them reliably, or probably safely. But throttle stops, delay boxes, in fact I don't even thing air/ electric shift actuators should be allowed. But then again, "I'm old."

I just watched a movie (doubt I can find it again there are many) about some of the outlaw/ vintage gasser wars back east. THE STANDS WERE PACKED

Cross talk.....ok.......you are dial in at 10 flat....your opponent is dial in at 9 flat...you get a 1 second head start.....your opponent plus his dial in in his delay box....and he puts your dial in in his delay box for the opponent ,,,,,with the cross talk feature in the timing equipment computer turned on.....both light will come on together...your light will continue down...his top light will freeze for that one second then continue down....this allows the faster car to hit a clean tree...just like you.....

the faster car can but a N after his dial in...and the cross talk in the tree will not work...

Electronics have ruin drag racing...

Cross talk.....ok.......you are dial in at 10 flat....your opponent is dial in at 9 flat...you get a 1 second head start.....your opponent plus his dial in in his delay box....and he puts your dial in in his delay box for the opponent ,,,,,with the cross talk feature in the timing equipment

computer turned on.....both light will come on together...your light will continue down...his top light will freeze for that one second then continue down....this allows the faster car to hit a clean tree...just like you.....

the faster car can but a N after his dial in...and the cross talk in the tree will not work...

Electronics have ruin drag racing...

Perfect description of crosstalk

I might add that some tracks, like mine, give no option to shut crosstalk off

Last edited:
All my bracket racing has been is sportsman, were none of this is allowed. but i have watched the **** show, of the remaining pro cars in the lane ahead of me.
You have to have at least one person running around your competitor's car so you get the same dial in.............then continue to keep a eye on him/her to make sure the dial doesn't get changed at the last second!!!!
It's quite hilarious to watch from my seat.......................But now that my car is fast enough to race in the pro class......i will be de-tuning it to stay in sportsman class. Took me 3 years to build this eng, would take another 3 year to have enough electronic to even begin to compete......let alone play the games in the staging lane. beside, i'm usually a one man band when i race 1/4 mile sportsman class.
agree, electronic is ruining the racing classes.

I never liked electronics either. Just gotta read the fine print and look for "Footbrake" - No delay boxes, throttle stops, trans brakes, etc. allowed, (In some cases, they do allow 2-steps to help launch the car in otherwise "non-electronic" classes, particularly with sticks.), or "No-Box" - Only trans brakes & 2-steps allowed.

-
Back