full RMS suspension swap!

-

wracks71

Reaction score
Cool but from the looks of the picture, your front end is sitting higher then your rear.

Very nice!

It would be cool to see the difference in lap times on a road/auto course between a modified torsion/leaf suspension vs one like you installed.

I'm working on a suspension rebuild right now. One nice thing about your set up is all the parts are new, no cleaning required.

looks great--now share what the total cost was????????? Steve

Not understanding the back pic at all!!!! You went thru that install and you can't put bigger tires on??? what's the point??? Where that bar connects to the old spring mount can that be moved if you wanted to tub it???? Steve

Very nice!

It would be cool to see the difference in lap times on a road/auto course between a modified torsion/leaf suspension vs one like you installed.

I'm working on a suspension rebuild right now. One nice thing about your set up is all the parts are new, no cleaning required.

Very tough to do since the old setup wasn't optimized.

Not understanding the back pic at all!!!! You went thru that install and you can't put bigger tires on??? what's the point??? Where that bar connects to the old spring mount can that be moved if you wanted to tub it???? Steve

i had a 275/50-17 on the rear of my car with stock wheel tubs and that rear set up..

and yes you can move the lower arms in and mini tub it if you want.

after two and a half days of busting ***,bill reilly and myself transfered my duster into an auto-x/roadrace beast! don't look at the AFCO double adjustables too long,they will mezmorize you! i wanted to take one to bed and cuddle with it,they are beautiful pieces! enjoy the pics. i have to take her down this week and get the tail pipes run,again.

so did you take it out for a beating? how ya like it??

Thanks Joe--Sorry to hear about your car--It must suck!!!!!! Steve

so whats not to understand? i don't drag race so i don't need 12" rims on the back. the whole point is to get the car lower,not just get wider tires on the rear. we didn't have time to mini tub and yes the lower bars can be moved in down the road.

Very nice!

that would be interesting,but all autocrosses are different,and i never have run the same road track more than once,yet. i went as far as i could with the stock parts and i was having trouble getting weight to the rear so a four link was the way to go. i know the guys i can smoke in camaro's and the guys i am close to,so next year will tell the tale for sure. it feels REALLY good already and i don't have the shocks dialed in yet. being on both sides of the fence now,i would have spent the money i pissed away on factory upgrade parts and got this stuff a long time ago. i needed to go to the next level with the car,and this is it.

Good job, Good luck with the next level of road racing, Keep us updated!

Didn't cut you or the car just wondered what the cost was to do this??? didn't see that posted as of yet,No doubt you lowered your car just wanted to understand that bar going to the spring mount in case someone wanted to tub with one of bill's rear end system that's all--Sorry if you took it the wrong way--Steve

I've got the same setup front and rear with the QA1's. I've got the coilovers sitting at base height and mine sits so much higher. Any chance you could reveal how you got the car that low?

Thanks,

Riddler

I've got the same setup front and rear with the QA1's. I've got the coilovers sitting at base height and mine sits so much higher. Any chance you could reveal how you got the car that low?

Thanks,

Riddler

got any pics of how high your car sits??

Didn't cut you or the car just wondered what the cost was to do this??? didn't see that posted as of yet,No doubt you lowered your car just wanted to understand that bar going to the spring mount in case someone wanted to tub with one of bill's rear end system that's all--Sorry if you took it the wrong way--Steve

all good. i didn't intend to list the cost so someone wouldn't think i was bragging. we had a deal worked out anyhow. the bar you speak of i think is the lower control arm,it can be moved in with a spring relocation mount if you minitub. we were going to move them in,but we would not have gotten done in time.

Thanks,

Riddler

you would probably have to talk to bill about that,but i would say it is in the coilovers. mine may be shorter. i don't keep secrets,lol. here to help!

Very tough to do since the old setup wasn't optimized.

are any of them really ever optimized? i mean you yourself have said you have been tweaking yours for 20 or so years and you just did a ton more work to it recently.. every year something comes out that is better then the stuff out now..

are any of them really ever optimized? i mean you yourself have said you have been tweaking yours for 20 or so years and you just did a ton more work to it recently.. every year something comes out that is better then the stuff out now..

ah men brother!

how does it sit when ur on level ground? cause the pic looks like the back sits lower

Without stepping on this threads toes I'm gonna mention that the cost to do front and rear with the Willwoods shown is around 8 to 9 grand fyi.

That's a buy it price not a deal with your buddy price by the way.

Labor is extra as expected.

Excellent set up and you can do a Ridetech air ride suspension with it as well.

Your gonna love it.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_2807w.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,807
-
Back