full suspension rebuild

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

I am planning a full suspension rebuild on my kid's '75 duster. It really doesn't need it but I want this done before the 360 gets dropped in.

I am putting in a full front suspension rebuild kit, front / rear sway bars, poly rear spring kit, front/rear shocks, and front disk brakes.

I have seen leaf spring pads..I stuck my head under the car and didn't see them..should they go on?

Have I missed anything ?

Your advice is always welcome.

Grassy

I'm not sure what you mean about not seeing leaf spring pads...??? Are you saying they are not there? Can you maybe post a pic so I can better understand? You must have them!

For the rebuild, are you going to piece together a kit say from RockAuto? Or getting a kit from PST or Just Suspension? I would suggest you get your sway bars from Hellwig...They have very nice sway bars and top notch customer service!

there is a local suspension shop here that sells complete kits to replace all the front end parts. I picked one up for 290 plus tax seems to be a complete kit, but I won't know until it goes on the car in a few months. I'm hopeing to get the car back on the ground as a roller by turkey day but we will see. i have a long way to go to get there. But that is half the fun correct? If you want the name of the place I went to let me know

Good questions guys..

My mind set is that if I buy all one one company, I will get better service..and it seems that PST has it all. I asked them about shipping...free to all lower 48..but if you actually look at the shipping costs...my house is under the longest shipping they have and no discounts are forthcoming..sorry, that is just a buggaboo that I have,

I started pricing up the individual pieces using the PST poly set..I read a lot of negative stuff about poly..the main one being squeaking.. for racing, I don't think this would be an issue...but after playing with the site, I found that PST does the original as well..the link..

http://www.p-s-t.com/pc-2689-156-plymouth-rwd-1957-89.aspx

The leaf spring pads link is here..

http://www.p-s-t.com/p-1443-dodge-plymouth-aspenroadrunnerrtvolare-1976-80.aspx

The company says that fit a '76 aspen..I thought the aspen was a '77 but the '76 duster is the same as the '7 so I am a bit confused.

Is there another company that I can do one stop buying..does Hellwig sell all of the above ? I haven't found a Canadian company that can do this.

I appreciate the input..I only want to do this once :)

Thanks
Grassy

-
Back