Full tube chassis

-

oktire

oktire
Reaction score
i'm looking at a 2x3 chassis car. the pictures of it look like they cut the floor and fire wall out and set the car on top. and welded it to the rocker pannels. It has alum. floor and firewall now with a steel (scatter shield) bolted to the frame over the torq converter. I do know i will have to wear a fire suit. It's like a back half chassis but it starts at the uniframe back. i will try to get some pic o"ya ladder bar/coil over on the rear.

Most of the time the chassis is built with just the top and quarters of the car that is going to be used. After the rear wheels of the body are set and made to work then the rest of the car is built to fit the chassis. Depending on the length and location of the motor is where the firewall is set in place, or they use the original firewall, if the chassis was built to those specs. I hope this helps.

It's like a back half chassis but it starts at the uniframe back. i will try to get some pic o"ya ladder bar/coil over on the rear.

If the front section is the orignal uni-body frame, then it is a back halfed car.

-
Back