Funky Vinyl Top

-

d1970

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY
Reaction score
This is for sale in Ontario Canada on KIJIJI. I remember these type of vinyl tops from the Seventies. There was a young guy fours down from are house and he had Dodge with one. His car pissed off the neighbors cause they said it was to loud. I still remember the rumbling sound it made when he would come home at 2 in the morning.

Mod Top Vinyl (1969)
Date Listed 13-Apr-16
Price $3,000.00
Address Springwater, ON L0L1P0

NOS Mopar Mod Top material. 4+ yards.

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 271
  • $_35 (1).JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 284
  • $_35 (2).JPG
    10 KB · Views: 257
yeah 3k is way offside for that , now if they were selling the car it would be way underpriced eh !

Is it true the reason chrysler pushed the vinyl roof was because it was easier/cheaper to slap a vinyl roof on the darts than do the bodywork over the roof seam? Several guys have told me that.

Is it true the reason chrysler pushed the vinyl roof was because it was easier/cheaper to slap a vinyl roof on the darts than do the bodywork over the roof seam? Several guys have told me that.

I wouldn't think so. Especially when you get into the half tops like those on the Gold Duster. The seams are still leaded and the extra trim would be an added cost. Even under full roofs, the seams are leaded and shaped.

I've restored some Fords that had vinyl roofs. There was a lot of extra body work under the skin to make it right. One of them, I remember, had hammer marks just above the windshield and extra lead in that area to contour the roof for the vinyl. I don't see how that could be cheaper.

I worked at the local small town Plymouth dealer from 1969 to 1972. One of my favorite tops was the brown paisley on the Gran Fury.

-
Back