Funny ebay add

-
Holy cow,my head is just spinnin' :toothy10:. I wonder what would happen if you painted the motor red? Probably won't run at all.

No, yellow makes it not run at all and black is the FASTEST hue of them all.

The motor was built 10 1/2 months before the car? That is something that I never heard of. I guess they stuck it in a warehouse for 10 months and then decided to use it. Wonder how many test were run on that.
I think we all agree that the poster was a ----. This makes as much sense as a person from England moving to Mexico to raise elephants.
But then maybe I'm the one out of touch.

Na, I caught the dates too! Check out my first post on page 1.

That guy has no clue about anything! I'll bet his so called RR is just a 318 Satellite in RR's clothing.

I better tell my brother that he better paint his 360 in his yellow 73 Challenger orange! Apparently it wasn't the low stall torgue converter that caused him to have a bad run the first time he raced his car, it was the fact that his 360 is blue not orange!:lol:

It is confusing to figure out what he`s trying to say in the auction. What I thought he meant when I first read the ad was that it was a 71, 2.02, head that would have been orange, not a 72, 1.88, (de-tuned) head that would have been blue??? A 2.02 head on a 72?? His reply to the question about valve size points to the fact that it has 2"+ intake valves. He`s got 100% feedback? The more I read it, the less sense it makes to me, but it is entertaining.

I went back and read the listing again and now my head hurts!

The answer to the question about the valve size does seem to lean towards the head having the large intake valves. However, if the head is original to the 72 340 and it says 360 on it, it should have the 1.88x1.60 valves right? Plus the date on the motor that is supposed to be numbers matching to the 72 RR makes it a 71 340 not a 72. Unless the head is dated 71 and someone swapped the heads on the 72 340.

Now my head really hurts, anyone have some Advil!:toothy10:

I actually painted mine that greenish Diesel color.
Did I gain any Torque?

Crap, I'm allready maxed out cuss mine is orange. I guess the only thing left is one of those recuperated exhaust to intake blowers with hydrogen injection.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

If you want the loser of your race to turn green with envy when you win the race, paint your motor GREEN! Who knows it might just work, stranger things have happened!

hmmmmmmmm i just had a thought! what if you painted the motor all different colors...... what kind of power curves would you be able to gain????

DAMM, now I know why my car is so slow, I painted the motor dark ford blue to go with the theme of the car of black & blue. Crap, I'm gonna have to pull the motor to paint it hemi orange to regain all the lost HP.

Actually,I have a few sets of 915 heads that have 360 cast onto them that are big valve(2.02) and some of them are "j" "x" and "u" and some with 340 "j" and "x",the one thing that makes sense is he knows the date of the casting but on the other hand it doesn't say if the head has been magnafluxed.toook a few minutes to get off the floor laughing about the de tuned thing,so far I got a purple 340 in my duster,it's no slouch,a red duce & a 1/4 in the "waggin" it's no slouch,and my son has a hemi orange 340 in his duster,that seems quite healthy.....I might need to paint it blue so I can keep up Lol
I went back and read the listing again and now my head hurts!

The answer to the question about the valve size does seem to lean towards the head having the large intake valves. However, if the head is original to the 72 340 and it says 360 on it, it should have the 1.88x1.60 valves right? Plus the date on the motor that is supposed to be numbers matching to the 72 RR makes it a 71 340 not a 72. Unless the head is dated 71 and someone swapped the heads on the 72 340.

Now my head really hurts, anyone have some Advil!:toothy10:

-
Back