Furd Autolite 4100 4bbl on mopar!

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
DId some research on this carb that they say is one of the best out their so i ended up buying one, rebuilt it and slaped it on my 318 dart and Dam it woke up the engine, great throttle response and pulled great but the primary float got stuck on a hard acceleration wich flooded it out so i unstuck it and went on my way, Fiddling that out later and has barely alittle cuttout problem at part throttle wich im still working on that. Has no ported vacuum port wich sucks for the distributor but then again my total advance before with the carter carb was all the way up to 55 so i figure i not hook it up and run it which its still running fine. Working out the kinks but Wonder if anybody has had experience with this carb on a mopar before?

It was a good enough Carb,Holley cloned it. Summit still sells it under their name now.

Wow i didnt realize that they sold a carb similar to that! I'll definetly take a look into that carb and see if it got good or bad reviews. Not bad for the price too!

I think the holley version got a bad rap due to poor quality control. From what I hear it is a pretty good carb when in proper working order. I have one that I want to turn into a blower carb one day.

I ran the summit 750cfm version of that carb for a bit. I liked it better than my edelbrock, but i switched to efi.(no more carbs of any sort for me)

If you do end up wanting to try that carb i'd part with mine if your interested(as i don't need it anymore)

Had the Holley 600 d.p.,on a 5.0 mustang. Floats were funky at 1st,nice carb sorted out.

as long as we are putting ford carbs on mopars,my 73 dodge van i put a quadrajet on it, why because i would rather have that then ANY edelbrock carb....

Q-jet is a better Carb. Have to be smart enough, to understand it.

The big thing I like about them old Autolites is they don't have gaskets under fuel like Holleys do. Less leaks.

Thats the thing i like about it too! I Finally worked out most of the buggers on this carb and its even running better and better but Im interested in how that summit carb performs magnumdust! Pm sent

Back in the early '70's I used to clean carbs on the side at Navy Miramar, and have been into at least a couple dozen of those, either 2 or 4bbl. I remember they were very little trouble and that I kind of liked 'em, but of course "back then" no internet, I never knew if or even whether you could buy jets / parts for tuning.

-
Back