Fuse Block Question

-

KGiles

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing out the old under dash fuse block for a new style fuse block. One of the fuse clips was burned and melted when I got my 74 Duster. How much trouble and how complicated would this be?

If your gonna be doing all that I would just throw a whole new harness in. You can get Painless ones complete for about 400 on the high side or EZ Wiring for about half that. They are easy to install and their over the phone tech support is great.

I've installed 4 now with very few problems. You can use the opportunity to re-run the wires and hide them to give the engine bay a cleaner look. You can also relocate the fuse block to the glove box or even the trunk so you dont have to bend over backwards to change a fuse.
If you've never re-wired a complete car you're looking around week or so for completion

I removed my old fuse block and replaced it with twice as many new ones to handle upgrades like power seats, additional lighting, sound system, air conditioning, etc. Mine took more time and effort, as I relocated it to a spot below the glove box. Just replacing with new fuses would be simpler.

It's not easy, but it's not rocket science either.

If your thinking about switching the fuse box on it and getting a new one look up "Painless wiring harness" Ive had a good luck so far with it and ive herd many good things from other people about them! They go by there name "painless" they have an online manual that is used. it comes with fuse box and all wires front to back and there all named! Easy to follow!!! Hope this helps!

74 dart sport 360! only 16 years old!

EZ wiring is cheaper and you get the same thing....the wire codes are different but the wire colors are the same....When I was installing a ez harness I was calling and using the painless tech support line haha.

Painless I think you're paying more for the name brand...just saying

EZ wiring is cheaper and you get the same thing....the wire codes are different but the wire colors are the same....When I was installing a ez harness I was calling and using the painless tech support line haha.

Painless I think you're paying more for the name brand...just saying

I think there exactly the same thing am i right? just different names haha

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are. Haha like I mentioned above, I would buy the EZ wiring harness but call the Painless wiring tech support because they were quicker and seemed to be more on point.

I saw a 32 Ford kit car the other day and it had a fuse panel that looked like a mother board...pretty cool

-
Back