fuse box

-
Okay so I did that and I got a little movement but the lines are out of gas so I can start the motor all the way

You don't start the engine. You turn the key on to "run" and leave it there with the engine off for maybe a minute. Watch the gauge for movement.

Ok I looked around and did not find a whole lot. All I know is that it used to work and then my brother and someone else were messing with the cluster they touched something on it and it stopped working and it sits at empty. My brother was going to replace the sending unit but the one he got looked different then the one in it so he didn't. So I did what you said and the gauge moved up about a notch and that was it.

OK, thanks.

You have to understand "we" are not there. When you say stuff like "it moved" that means nothing. So when someone asks you a question or directs you to do something, please be specific.

It SHOULD have vigorously gone over and pegged.

Now you have to dig deaper.

Let's take ONE step back. Earlier when you grounded the temp sender did that gauge peg? (It should have) How long did you leave the key on?

Not long at all I grounded it and tried it for about 30 seconds but the clip was not on very well so I moved it to a different part of the motor and then a couple second after I turned the key it jumped to past what the gauge reads. sorry I didn't think you would need that much information.

By "jumped to past what the gauge reads" I would guess you mean to the far right?

So the temp gauge went to the far right and the fuel gauge did not?

Recheck your ground. If you don't you need to get some clip leads and a meter, and test lamp.

It is very VERY important to be specific. Otherwise we are both wasting time. "I'm not there"

Yes the temp went to the far right and I went and put my ground on a couple different places and it did not do any thing at all. I might have some more clip leads somewhere and I don't have a meter and I do have the test lamp.

-
Back