Fuse for the horn?

-

340sport

Reaction score
73 Dart, is there a fuse for the horn? The box has several fuses, however none are marked accordingly. Thanks in advance.

What about taking one out until it does not honk anymore?

There might be a relay, dad has a relay in his 67 cuda. Its mounted under the hood pass side near the horns.

I don't have access to a decent '73 wiring diagram. That's why we need one of the members to upload ad 73/ 74 shop manual

Horns are not traditionally fused

Pretty sure you can find a 73 or 74 wiring diagram on FABO by searching. Indeed, I printed a 1974 since I was using that engine wiring harness in my 65 Dart. The horn is controlled by a relay on the firewall (not in my Dart anymore). The horn button grounds one coil wire. The other coil lead is connected to +12 V, as is one side of the contact, both straight off the battery. There is no switch or fuse, which is why the horn works with the key off. There may be a fusible link, but I don't recall that.

The horn circuit is the scariest part of the A body electrics. Completely un-protected.

The horn relay draws power from the B+ terminal on the start relay, then the relay output feeds the horns through the typical mopar undersized wire sharing harness space with several other circuits.

If the horn wire was shorted at the radiator support, the relay would turn it in to a bright red disaster. No fuse at all.

The first fuse I added to my '65 was an inline blade holder on that horn circuit.

B.

my duster had a fuse...but it was shorted somewhere because every time I used it, the fuse blew.

-
Back