FYI dual quad for early 273 on eBay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
.................does ebay really charge 40 bucks to have the auction 4 an intake.............kim.......

Hell no! I just sold my custom headers on eBay for $300 and my listing fee after two, 7 day listings(14 days) and 10 photos was $26. Not cheap but not $40! He is full of himself.... and some other stuff! Read all his policies. Talk about CYA. He has already refused 3 offers.
Maybe some one will get lucky. :cheers:
Larry

Hell no! I just sold my custom headers on eBay for $300 and my listing fee after two, 7 day listings(14 days) and 10 photos was $26. Not cheap but not $40! He is full of himself.... and some other stuff! Read all his policies. Talk about CYA. He has already refused 3 offers.
Maybe some one will get lucky. :cheers:
Larry

And PayPal fees on $390 isn't $25 either.

FYI, Offy can still make you one, its just a special order...I think its a 6 week lead time. F him and his inflated "fees" Paypal is at most 3.9% and Ebay fees are based on selling price so they are not 10% of 400

Just to clear some things up. I recently sold an item on Epay for $179. Shipping was $39.95, for a total due of $218.95

My fees for the ad including their cut of the sold price AND shipping totalled $18.56 This is .084768 percent.

I'm not agreeing with what the guy is doing, just stating costs. If you want your rare or specialty part to be seen by the largest number of people, Ebay is still the way to go. You just have to pay for it.

Once the guy paid me the total due of $218.95 Paypal (an Epay company) took another $8.84 of that money, or .04 percent

Getting back to the item for sale...
I assume you would need to use the 64/65 heads for this to fit. Am I correct?
Yes you are correct. From my research the bolt holes are drilled at a different angle and are only 5/16 diameter. I have no idea if the intake angle or width between the heads is the same as 66 and up. I do assume that the port size will most likelky be small. I am sure someone here knows more about this than me.
Larry :prayer:

Intake angle and width between the heads is the same but the bolt is at a different angle. My 65 273 has a later 2bbl intake on it, accomplished by egging out the bolt holes in the intake. Not ideal since the bolt does not meet the intake flat but it worked.

Ask for the model number. This is the answer i got back..

Attachments

• Scan0002.pdf
    277.1 KB · Views: 138
Ask for the model number. This is the answer i got back..
"You can ask me if this is a certin part number, and I will say if it is or isn't. However I don't give out part numbers. I have found the only reason people ask for part numbers is to try to buy the intake cheaper elsewhere."
-12hd12

What a D!CK! Who does he thinks shops on eBay? People that won't check elsewhere?? Really.
That answer is almost insulting! No, it is insulting! Does he really want to sell this thing??????????? He didn't post your question on eBay either. :wack:

Exeter Auto has Offys catalog online. That manifold is a #5488 for pre 65 and # 5615 is 66 and on. They can be had from Exeter, Summit, Jegs. etc.
They are made to order and around a 3-4 month lead time.
Summit; $414 for #5844 & $306 for#5615. New, with gaskets.
So much for the lead FABO fans): :eek:ops:
Larry

I wanted to reply but i refraned from doing so. :angryfir:
This seller is a real wack job.
Thank you for your info on the part number and ordering info.

They are made to order and around a 3-4 month lead time.....

Told you so, I guess Offy got a little slower from a few years ago. I think PAW had these for $279 a LONG time ago when I had a 273...

I wallowed the bolt holes of a Performer and it bolted right on a small bolt 65 273 with a washer under each bolt, ghetto but it was a 4bbl for a 4bbl motor after I cracked my original commando intake trying to torque it down over a missed roll pin..:-( 28 lbs lighter and ran better!

as stated OFFY still offers a complete line of early 273 intakes, they will make any thing they have a mold for,,,last i knew,,they were still old school no web site or computers,,, old fashioned phone ordering or thru a distributor,,,i believe jegs or summit can also get parts from offy

about 4 years ago or so i had off valve covers made they told me they had not made small block mopar finned valve covers in many years,,,still had the mold so they popped out a few sets,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back