G3 HEMI Aussie Valiant Ute

-
Be nice to have a shop and the skills to do this stuff....You shouldtbink seriously about marketing those brackets....Hemi swaps are becoming more common ...on the east coast anyhow....

This is very true, I only just made a set up for mine last week, and everything on your vehicle is a work of art mate!

Thanks All for the kind comments . As far as selling stuff , I am set up to do LHD K members and mounts , I think of doing more parts but the demand is low .
1st priority at the moment is getting my thing on the road .

I'm using a 904 TF behind my Hemi .
I had a mopar type mini starter laying around from a previous project , it fitted up fine but I didin't like how it hung put into the header area , So I got a Ram starter pn 56029274AA I had seen people here using with various trannys including 727 , I just figured if it works with 727 it will work with 904 , like on small blocks..... NOPE ! .

Because the ring gear on the 904 is a smaller OD , it puts the starter to close to the block .
To make it fit with clearance grinding I would end up in the water jacket or thr windings of the starter . I had to get this shipped from the U.S so I really wanted it to work .

After a cuppa I came up with the idea to re-clock the starter by filling and re-drilling the mounting holes .

Hopefully someone can find a better solution than this , I think tilton does a 904-G3 hemi starter .

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 043.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 400
  • 044.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 381
  • 046.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 048.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 052.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 396
  • 005.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 392
Id have just ditched the trans! LOL!

The power these Gen3s make...your lil 904 will be hardpressed to hold together without serious mods...but a near stock 727 will do the job in a canter....

Just 2c from someone who blew up two rebuilt 904s in 18mths behind a 420hp 318/392

The 904 will likley need the frictions replaced more often than a 727 , I'm ok with that . I would like to have seen inside your 904's to see what made them blow .

Personaly I've used 904's with only around 300HP , but I know of and have read of 904's doing well with upwards of 500HP .

Not all 904's were created equal selecting the right year of trans and parts can make a big difference and it needn't cost big dollars .

If I smoke mine in less than 18 months I'll let you Know.

Mine suffered continual band slippage - even after a complete rebuild.

No hard core parts were used but I was running a 4.2:1 kd lever which I understand bashes the hell out of the bands.

We adjusted the bands every three mths...but it only took one time to weld the band to the drum!

I know if a local Charger small block running flat 10s with a 904 as well.....but there's almost nothing 'factory' about the trans..

Same money would have bought a stronger 727..which is really my point....

Seems to me there was an issue with that particular transmission , rather that it being overpowered . but all is well : you've moved on .

When you gonna get your thing back to the track to test out your new manifold .

Another pissed off Milodon customer : waiting for them to have an oil pickup for ther 31003 pan . After delay upon delay , I canceled my order and made it my self .

Attachments

• 008 (2).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 005 (2).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 004 (2).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 310
Good job - Is it going to be supported anywhere other than the oil pump connection?

(Wont get to the track for some months - gotta get new tyres and change a couple of drivetrain components....aiming for Sept.)

My crappy camera is letting me down , if you look closely you can see the support on no.3 main .

September ! the suspence ! . lol .

Love your fab skills and especially the jigs you build for each fab job. Noticed the jig for the headers down there on that starter pic. Can't wait to see your headers built. Sure is a lot more fun and challenging to build these cars with a Gen3 than just assembling a car back to stock...

Love your fab skills and especially the jigs you build for each fab job. Noticed the jig for the headers down there on that starter pic. Can't wait to see your headers built. Sure is a lot more fun and challenging to build these cars with a Gen3 than just assembling a car back to stock...

Thanks . The Headers have been done for a while now , but you gave me an excuse to put up a few pics

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 006.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 299
  • 047.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 276
I love this build! I love Aussie mopars! I was wondering in your first post you said the car had a 6 in it. wasn't that 6 a hemi too? hemi out Hemi in!!!!LOL

Oh cool! Those headers look awesome, if not radical! To bad you can't get a pair of TTIs for the car. Those fabbed headers deserve to be on display where you can see them! Nice work!

Nice Headers.

Also, funny how you made the oil pickup. I hope your wife didn't mind donating her sawhorse for the cause. It turned out VERY nice, looks factory. Probably work as well if not better than the Milodon unit.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Yup old hemi6 out , new hemi8 in , doing the math hopefuly it makes 33.3% more power : plus some .

Original pickup tube OD was around 15/16" , wasn't having any luck finding mandrel bends that size , the sawhorse had 1" tubing , close enough , so off with it's legs .

Oh and I like the work you guys do too .

Yup old hemi6 out , new hemi8 in , doing the math hopefuly it makes 33.3% more power : plus some .

That is awesome! I have met a lot of mopar guys that never knew that mopar built a 6 hemi!!LOL Any chance you have a pic of that engine? I've never seen a detailed pic of the motor.

It should be mentioned that Chrysler Australia calling there 6 cylinder a Hemi was a bit of a stretch , the chamers were more polysperical and the valves only had a slight angle to them .

If you google 265 hemi you should find lots of info .

Couple of pics of my old banger.

Attachments

• engine back together 23.8.09 053.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 248
  • various ute pics 6-2012 002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 253
It should be mentioned that Chrysler Australia calling there 6 cylinder a Hemi was a bit of a stretch , the chamers were more polysperical and the valves only had a slight angle to them .

If you google 265 hemi you should find lots of info .

Couple of pics of my old banger.

That is awesome!!! I really feel the poly head motors are over looked when it comes to power. I love what you did to that "hemi"! It looks like you put a few $$ into it! any idea what kind of power you were making?

Sorry about lack of updates , I've been avoiding the computor as much as possable , to get things done . It's been up running for about a month now and I got it out to the track last week . this is the result from a stock 6.1 Hemi .

Attachments

• stock 6.1 2nd run.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 186
Well done mate, love the ute and modern G3 power to put the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing.

-
Back