Reaction score
It is time.

When we moved in, I did all the husbandly responsibilities:
  • painted interior
  • carpet
  • bathroom and kitchen projects
  • yardwork,
  • etc
The garage never got the love it deserved. I did get the floor coated, but nothing else.

It is time.

So, I am going to burn a week of vacation, to "Restore" the garage. Vacation will be 18th through 26 of July. I got started last night.... Everything is going to come out, the Challenger is going out back under deck, into a cocoon, everything is getting painted bright white, lighting hung, and all tools will FINALLY find a proper home. Then, the 75 Colt comes around. :D

Now, the pictures.
I forgot true "before" pictures, as I was a little too giddy to get started.
PictureorVideo068.jpg

Mostly done, some touch up and edge work to be done. This nook holds the air compressor, and is a bit dark. Perhaps a flood light between the shelf, and garage door, facing foward, would help illumination a bit.
PictureorVideo073.jpg

Perty near finished, still a little edge work....
PictureorVideo076.jpg

The Demon sign is covering a hole, I will probably pull them down when I do the ceiling, and edging, but I wanted to envision the final product.
PictureorVideo077.jpg

Plans are to spray it all once everything is out, so that will make the edging and such easier. I want to run a 6 inch tall piece of diamond tread at the bottom of the wall, to handle bumps and kicks, and to clean up the appearance a bit better.

Good job. Need to see 'finished' pics.
I know exactly what you mean. My wife seems to think the garage is a repository for whatever she no longer wants in the house.
We had a discussion recently and I told her she has the entire house to do with as she wants - the garage is mine.
I came to the conclusion that I can't begin any serious work on my '69 Dart until the garage is done and every tool has a home. I started a couple of weeks ago and hope to have a full wall of shelves rebuilt by the end of this week. Gotta hurry because the Dart has a date to go to the paint shop by the 1st of September!

I can't complain about the wife, she keeps her stuff out of the garage, and does not complain when some car stuff sneaks into the house.

To me it is the fact that the house got full attention, and the garage never has.
It will now get the same attention that the inisde did, and I will be completely relieved when everything is put away and organized. The next project will be bigger then I have tried before, and everything needs to be "right" first.

I'll give you guys a little heads-up on women and garages............

Gee honey, if you keep piling your stuff up in the garage, I will have to store more of my stuff somewhere in the house....or build a bigger garage for my stuff.

And it could be worse honey...look what this chump did!

P6041685.jpg

Nice job, looks like a cool man cave. My garage is getting wired in the next few weeks. Then the insulation goes up, sheet rock and floor coating. I'm stoked, I've been working on my car in the street for years.

For Judge Mills that has been married for a year it is time to start to train her and win the battle at an early age. But BacktoBasics overal the garage is looking real good. Hope to see finished pictures of it.

For Judge Mills that has been married for a year it is time to start to train her and win the battle at an early age. But BacktoBasics overal the garage is looking real good. Hope to see finished pictures of it.

Train... haha, right dude....:cheers:

My garage is actually doing pretty well, except that the washer and dryer are in it... oh well... I don't mind if my close smell like Brake cleaner :D

It's Tuesday, on vacation.
Here are some pictures of progress.

Here is all chemicals, and tools that were on the shelves.
Picture001.jpg

Gratuitious car shot, buddies 69 Valiant.
Picture002.jpg

Another gratuitous shot, my 76 Dart Lite. Driven every day last week, since truck bed is full.
Picture004.jpg

The 70 Challenger, that is going around back into hiding.
Picture006.jpg

Garage cleaned, scrubbed, and pressure washed.
Picture008.jpg

Shelving, and you can see where paint line is....
Spare /6 with transmissions.
Picture012.jpg

The 1975 Colt, which is coming up front to go in right side of garage.
Picture013.jpg

Thats........Frickin..........Sweet!!!! :thumblef:

Very Nice! Good job! I've yet to paint my garage, still bare drywall and mud.

BackToBasics, how's your garage coming along?

I took this week off to get the garage done.
Today, Wednesday, is the day that the wife got to have her "vacation" and is doing a little road trip with her mom.

Thursday will be paint, everything but but floor and work bench.

Nice job on the garage. My garage looks like a kleptomaniac's closet.

Before.
Picture017-1.jpg

During.
Picture016-1.jpg

After 1
Picture018-1.jpg

After 2
Picture019.jpg

I will get some better shots with the garage door open, but I also sprayed the backside of the door, and I want to give it a few minutes before opening. Kids are asleep directly above the garage door opener, and do not want to wake them.

you definitely have back to basics down,.lol But remember we do have members without garages that do miraculous things in the driveway.

Backtobasics is more me referencing my return to roots in Mopars, and A bodies then anything. There have been some detours along the way, trucks, GMC Typhoon, etc. I am back to my roots, particularly with the Dart Lite, which is very much like the Dart I grew up in.

Here are some 95% done images. I am getting help putting up lights tomorrow, so I will have 2 large flourescent lights directly above the engine compartments.

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Here are the vicious guard dogs....:toothy10: The dane mix is Jelly Bean (named as such at the kennel where we adopted her, and I doubt "killer" or "kujo" would have stuck, she is not terribly bright, but she is loveable. The little one is Savannah, I found her and 3 brothers abandoned, wife wanted her, brothers were adopted. She is easily spooked, but does well with the kids, and incredibly loyal.

-
Back