GARLITS SHOW THIS WEEKEND!!!!! parts going for all-time low prices NOV 4-6 2022

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lotta HUNGRY people just about giving parts away these days.
Yes, still the got the standard pricey Vendors, but overall deals have never been better.
Parts prices began dropping on eBay earlier this year and the trend continues. If you need that part, your best price will be at a Swap Meet.

The 2022 Mopars with Big Daddy - Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing

IDK about that.

I've seen the general "inflation" trend including transportation costs and maybe even a little gouging carry over into the car parts market within the last couple of years and not really any sign of that reversing.

Plateauing...perhaps.

Swap meets always have the best prices especially around here. The Internet is always higher. It’s a lot easier for most people and that keeps the prices up more than swap meets. I do agree with the pricing going down over this past year. Money is getting tight for the average American. Don’t forget swap meets are cash in hand. Most Internet transactions nowadays with most buyers wanting to pay with goods and services. If you sell over 600.00 a month now that becomes income, which is taxed I believe 20 to 23%. The average seller has to be careful now it not a business.

It's $600 a year, for the record.

Online transactions also factor shipping where swap meets generally do not, other than the cost to drive the goods to the meet where a basic "economy of scale" takes place versus shipping each item.

I ended up not going.

We had to euthanize a kitten yesterday afternoon, and that pretty much nixed my motivation to bust my butt loading the trailer and also to get up early and drive for over 2 hours.

Swap meets always have the best prices especially around here. The Internet is always higher. It’s a lot easier for most people and that keeps the prices up more than swap meets. I do agree with the pricing going down over this past year. Money is getting tight for the average American. Don’t forget swap meets are cash in hand. Most Internet transactions nowadays with most buyers wanting to pay with goods and services. If you sell over 600.00 a month now that becomes income, which is taxed I believe 20 to 23%. The average seller has to be careful now it not a business.

Selling items online piece by piece, boxing them up, delivering to mail carrier, going back and forth on emails with pictures, emails to potential but not actual buyers, shipping damage… Takes a ton of time (=labor $).

At swap meet, it’s inspect part in person and buy with cash. Done deal. Much more efficient.

It's $600 a year, for the record.

Online transactions also factor shipping where swap meets generally do not, other than the cost to drive the goods to the meet where a basic "economy of scale" takes place versus shipping each item.

I ended up not going.

We had to euthanize a kitten yesterday afternoon, and that pretty much nixed my motivation to bust my butt loading the trailer and also to get up early and drive for over 2 hours.
Give the FMA Show a try next week. May be a load of fun.

Saw this gorgeous 62 Max Wedge Dart
Picked up a couple Holley pumps for $20
Lots of good deals, times are hard, prices are dropping

IMG_20221105_100527504.jpg

IMG_20221105_100511315.jpg

IMG_20221105_182253055.jpg

IMG_20221105_182335693.jpg

IMG_20221105_100457883.jpg

Any more pics?

Maybe of the turnout.

GREAT EVENT, GREAT WEATHER, GREAT TURNOUT.
A ton of parts with many still left for next week's FMA Show.
Light shower in the afternoon pretty much rounded out the Event.
I didn't get to see the Large Father, but I think he was there.
Snagged a couple of event T-Shirts at the Museum and a rare event steel sticker at sign in tent (they are about OUT).
Show Car Awards given out today (Sunday). Not an easy job for these judges.

saw Don over in his garage , definately more venders and better prices then last year , hopefully will extend to FMA show next week the last year of fall FMA show which will be moved to the spring at same location , no dates set yet

Last edited:
saw Don over in his garage , definately more venders and better prices then last year , hopefully will extend to FMA show next week the last year of fall FMA show which will be moved to the spring at same location , no dates set yet

Seems like that will work out nice for southeast Mopar fans in the future. Well done!

Finally a decent solution.

Can't believe no one thought of that sooner.

Be careful scheduling around the Lakeland/Carlisle events.

I believe one is in Feb. Not sure when the other one is.
One of them is usually WAY bigger than the other.
I know it's all brands, but it's a big event and would still sap attendees.

-
Back