Garret turbo off Powerstroke

-

gzig5

Reaction score
I don't know that I want to go down the turbo route yet, but if I did, would the turbo from a 2007 Ford Powerstroke diesel be a decent one to build off of?

I don't know that I want to go down the turbo route yet, but if I did, would the turbo from a 2007 Ford Powerstroke diesel be a decent one to build off of?

Nope. Those turbos are variable vane controlled by computer.

What he ^^^ said. And they are designed to work in a very narrow rpm window so matching it to a gas engine with a much wider powerband would be a challenge. If Garrett and the other turbo manufacturers would publish turbine flow maps you could see it.

Roadkill used a Powerstroke turbo on a 4.3 Chevy and then the same turbo on a 5.0L Ford in the Ratsun. Maybe check it out. Would need to be an older turbo like RRR said above.

On the rotsun 4.3 that turbo was like a light switch. Laggy down low and then boom. On the 5.0 it was a little better down low, and fell off up top.

I got a brand new turbo if you're lookin for one. PM me if you're interested.

-
Back