gas mileage

-

aaadave

Reaction score
well, have been able to drive the dart enough to check the mileage. 5.2 magnum, 276 rear, 26'' tires and lock up 904. right at 21 mpg overall driving with full time a/c. not bad considering the old wheezer slant only got 15. they say you could get that out of the old 318s but I couldn't ever get it so I'm happy. its nice to just hit the key and go in the morning. lol. dave.

No kiddin "I'm happy." I'd padlock the hood, LOL, and drive it

That's great mileage. You can cruise a long time on a gallon of gas. tmm

ya, and the efi just makes it even better to live with. no more carb issues and this so called gas boiling away in the bowls. it probably would be worse with a lower gear, but all I do is cruise so the 276s is fine.

That great to hear!
Enjoy it,
C

ya, I had an 01 ram that was running and driving here for the swap. made it a lot easier having the entire donor truck. bet I robbed a couple dozen do-dads and gizmos from the truck before it was finished. lol.

Dave I bought a 98 Dakota in 01 and in 09 i bought a 09 2500HD Chevy ,I tried to sell the Dodge and could not even give it away , so i use it around the yard for firewood and any other uses i can find for it just to keep it used now and then . Fast forward to 2013 and i bought a rusty old 75 Duster to do a drive train swap on . I have not started it yet as i am about half way through fixing up a old house for the wife and i told her i wont spend any money on the car until the house is finished . Once i do start i will start a resto thread and i will most likely need some pointers . Well your car looks awesome, do you have any photos of your swap i would like to see them . All the best . Bob

My non magnum 318 gets 21 MPG on the freeway. 14.5 MPG all around driving. Stock 318, 3:23 rear, 26.6" tire. Wish I had some A/C and easy starts. : )

hey bob, when you get ready for the swap, just give me a holler. be glad to help if I can. dave.

My 77 LWB CrewCab 97 5.9 Mag/518 OD w/4.10's has pulled 20 MPG HWY @ 70 MPH
It got 1/2 that with the LA 360/727 @60 MPH

hey bob, when you get ready for the swap, just give me a holler. be glad to help if I can. dave.

Thanks Dave that is very good of you , I'm sure there will be lots of questions on the subject when the time comes . Thanks again, Bob

My '74 Valiant sedan averages 18mpg with a 5.9L, a518 trans (footpedal operated lockup) and a 3.08 gear on the ford 8.8" rear end. The fuel economy has fluctuated a bit with the megasquirt replacing the stock '94 ecu, but I'm hoping to squeeze another mpg out of it eventually.

-
Back