Gas pedal bending

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Can our gas pedal be bent so we get more travell.My holley is not opening all the way in fact its only open 1/4#-o I have the v 8 cable the 340 bracket and the holley leaver.The pedal goes to the floor.So will that help.

is the gas pedal all the way up when your not touching it? you can adjust it under the hood where it bolts so the cable is tight and just bearly pulling on the carb linkage there should be no need to bend the pedal to gain what your looking for

is the gas pedal all the way up when your not touching it? you can adjust it under the hood where it bolts so the cable is tight and just bearly pulling on the carb linkage there should be no need to bend the pedal to gain what your looking for

O ya the cable is tight and the pedal is all the way up.I could post a pic.

The first is closed, and the next one the pedal is to the floor.

sony pic 461.jpg

sony pic 462.jpg

looks like there might be a little slack in it, its adjusted all the way forward you can tighten it some by pulling the throttle cable towards the firewall. your sure to gain some as you still have some cable showing at wide open throttle. sorry didn't mean to come across as an ***...

I ended up bending mine so I could get full throttle,its best to yake it out of the car,take the plastic pedal pert off,I used a little heat while the bracket was in the vise and bent a little then check,bent a little more then recheck.I ended up with full throttle when all was said and done.

looks like there might be a little slack in it, its adjusted all the way forward you can tighten it some by pulling the throttle cable towards the firewall. your sure to gain some as you still have some cable showing at wide open throttle. sorry didn't mean to come across as an ***...

Tryed to pull it back but it would start to open.

Hey 66plyvaliant, I think in the 2nd pic, don is saying that the pedal is to the floor and the carb is only open 1/4 way. So there is going to be slack because the carb isnt fully opened.

Are your brackets on right?? Have you got a parts manual? I have one on the computer if you want a copy I can burn you one. pm me your address if you need it.

Drill a hole or two down lower on the bracket (in red) then hook the cable to that hole. That will give you the throw you need.

The lower you go on the bracket the less distance the cable will have to go to pullthe bracket open.

carb.jpg

You dident come acrossss that way to me .

Drill a hole or two down lower on the bracket (in red) then hook the cable to that hole. That will give you the throw you need.

The lower you go on the bracket the less distance the cable will have to go to pullthe bracket open.

Sweet allready got the drill out will try and let yas know in about 40 minutes.

I was having the same problem as snake is. Fixed her right up.

Don't think I can explain it very well but it will work.

I was having the same problem as snake is. Fixed her right up.

Don't think I can explain it very well but it will work.

Well I got more for sure after drilling 3 holes.but my helper took off befor I could look into the carb,thanks Burnt,next I will bent the pedal or shim as said.No wonder this thing felt down on power LOl.Sometimessss I am the ***.:bootysha:

Now that I think of it I shimed my pedal a little too. But after drilling the new holes it did not take that much of a shim.

Don't fell so bad. I went to the track one time and could not figure out why my 340 Dart was only running a 16.4. it was only after about 4 months of fooling with the thing that I thought of checking the throttle cable.

You know, thats the proper Holley/Mopar bracket. I've had several of those over the years, and they've worked fine...gotten full throttle everytime. You might have something funny with your gas pedal. You can heat and bend the lever part where the cable attaches under the dash.

-
Back