Gas pedal roller...

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
I was just cruising around the Mancini site and I saw a part that I didn’t know existed. Is this supposed to be a roller that goes on the end of the gas pedal rod that comes from the firewall?
The setup in my car is pictured below, and I don’t have a roller; I never knew anything was supposed to go there. If this is the roller I am thinking of, how does such an item hook up? Is it a press on?

Thi is a pic of my gas pedal (minus the pedal) and the roller I am talking about.

Attachments

• IMAG0306 - Copy.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 133
  • chucker54_2191_142327300.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 121
I swapped my 66 Dart gas peddle for a 72 duster gas peddle and throttle cable($10).It works alot better IMO than the 66 peddle.Just sayin..

You are missing a plastic peddle & its suspension that would mount on the lower end of that rod.

The proper termination of accelerator cable is a lead slug which is pressed onto cable, and fits through the large hole, and allows cable to ride in a slot above it. A plastic insert fits into the larger hole to prevent cable from popping free. The solution to securing the cable you have looks like it works just fine.

Below is a 1967 & up cable opperated accelorator.

007.jpg

008.jpg

-
Back