gas prices? WHY????

-
Just wait a few months, as soon as the car show, cruise night, old car driving season starts, prices will be skyrocketing.

Just wait a few months, as soon as the car show, cruise night, old car driving season starts, prices will be skyrocketing.

I don't know. All the major news outlets are predicting the average driver will save 550 in 2015 from gas prices. Maybe they know sumffin we don't.

Hell, if it keeps this up. We may be able to afford road trips! How.ever short lived they may be. Lol

if the weather stays good for the Xmas/new year holiday season, makes ya wonder how many mORE people will take off for the holidays!!????
I realize high $$ gas is "just an inconvenience", but for many it is something to consider when looing at going to see relatives, or make a x mas trip somewhere.
maybe the big oil companies would like to " write" off some for a change, but then again I doubt if they pay any tax anyway!?? billions of profit per qtr for how long!??

I agree , the tech has been there for decades , heck they were showing self parking cars and highway linking cars that synced up to the lead vehicle and drove themselves in a convoy back in the early seventies ,we are just seeing these systems in the marketplace now . Copyright and trademark that name [ even tho you took it from a video game eh ] it could be worth a fortune in the future .
Wish I could claim it! It was from the old "Back to the Future" movies.

Attachments

• Mr_Fusion_by_emmokapp.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 104
Who doesn't wish they could prepay for a couple thousand gallons.
Who knows what will send the prices up again or when ? Hurricanes in the gulf, outlawing fracking,,,,

My opinion is this this,
there are two nuclear battery's powering Voyager's 1 and 2 each. They were launched in 1977. They are still functioning and will be able to do so for another 40+ years on just battery power alone.
There are how many nuclear powered ships on the ocean? No issues with them! How many nuclear powered submarines in the sea? The couple that Russia has lost, there has yet to be this big explosion that was expected.
That technology is 40+ years old, it was something that we could and should be using today as a power source instead of looking at every other alternative power source.
We have have it. But, the oil industry will not have us using nuclear because it will cut into there bottom line. Not only that, the auto industry as well and coal. They will all point to Chernobyl and Fukushima and yell this is why nuclear isn't safe! Granted both were bad, Chernobyl, was a product communism at it's finest, it was a accident waiting to happen. Fukushima, was due to a tsunami, and there was nothing that could have prevented that.
But what I do know is this, if progress would have been allowed to continue the way I understand it was intended, these large plants wouldn't have been necessary. There would have been a small neighborhood "reactor" ,much like what a small ship would use, and a entire town would feed from that. Rural and remote areas would use the nuclear battery's like on voyager.
Doesn't really matter now though. But I do think it's a shame we aren't using something we already have and understand because ignorance gets in the way.

chernobyl wasnt even close to as bad as we thought, largely because of the communist totalitarian regime. they told people to get on the trucks and they did as they were told, they evacuated the whole place at a frightening speed, something not possible in a western democratic state. the estimated total death toll including cancers caused by the event after factoring in survival rates is about 4000, compare that to the death toll if a major hydro dam bursts.

the real issue with nuclear power is how permanent the waste is. plutonium 234 takes 2-3 million years to become safe, humans have only been around for 1/10th of that time.

that said, i think nuclear is our only viable option for the forseable future

-
Back