Gas splattering everywhere!

-

soaringcowman

Reaction score
Ok so i've just recently got my duster back on the road from it's /6 to v8 swap and i toke it out for spin after picking it up from the exhaust shop. When I get home i pop the hood to make sure everythings cool and theres gas all over my intake, carb, and top side of my hood....any ideas why?? I fired it back up and watched it run and didn't see anything spraying anywhere so clueless....

Ok so i've just recently got my duster back on the road from it's /6 to v8 swap and i toke it out for spin after picking it up from the exhaust shop. When I get home i pop the hood to make sure everythings cool and theres gas all over my intake, carb, and top side of my hood....any ideas why?? I fired it back up and watched it run and didn't see anything spraying anywhere so clueless....

Nah, not clueless. How old is the fuel pump? Besides making sure that all your lines are tight after the swap from slant to v8, I have had an old mech fuel pump diaphram let go and weep fuel out of the air hole. Didn't know a thing until I had fuel all over like you- then ran it and looked under the car. The fuel apparently had been carried up by the wind while driving and splattered the gas all over. . .

For what it might be worth.
mike

i'll have to check all that like your saying, i found it odd how it only did it that once, i'd have driven it a few times before that time and nothing lol

-
Back