Gasket recommendations

-
Depending on what your engine build is like, I have zero problems with Mopars tear down set. They are now filled with Fel-Pro gaskets. Though, I also have had zero problems with "Detroit gaskets"
All under 450 HP engines.

I have used ROL gaskets and find them to be very high quality. But in my opinion Fel-pro's are just as good and you can get a complete overhaul Fel-pro set for about $65 and these head gaskets your looking at cost $48 by themselves. I've found E-bay is usually way overpriced on gaskets. You can probably get the same ROL gaskets at Autozone for less.

Thanks - I can't find a Fel Pro set that includes the "no-retorque" gaskets (or that specifically state that they are) also would like the blue-stripe intake gaskets.

I have a extra new Mopar Performance heat block-off intake set
if you are interested.

John

Picture 720.jpg

Virtually all gaskets now are non-retorque types. So it's not easy to find one labeled that way unless you are looking at old packages. I use Felpro sets, but Victor/Detroits are fine. For aluminum intakes and headers I use Mr Gasket Ultraseals. I like the MP stuff, but I always seeem to get boxes taht got squished when I order them. It's easier to just get Felpro locally and then if it's squished they can get me another one. I also got the local ar Quest to stock rope rear mians and bath tubs too...lol. They sold enough it made it a stocking item.
One note, depending on what you're doing, even non-retorquing gaskets should be retorqued... Like aluminum heads and iron blocks. The gaskets were designed for iron to iron, and retorquing helps.

-
Back