Gassers

-

wannadrag

Reaction score
Any of you guys into them?Working on one right now and wanting to run a BB mopar in it,Looking for ideas on some fenderwell type headers but not the cuda and dart style.Maybe something similar in looks to a sb chevy Patriot brand.The only pic so far and thoughts.The idea of the project came from a hamb thread about 5 years ago.The engine pic is just a random pic with the type of header I want to use.

Attachments

• tires cuda willys 006.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 756
  • gas headers.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 704
Gassers are so cool!
Here's a link to a youtube video of an all-gasser show a few weekends ago here in SoCal. Our newest Inland Mopar Car Club member's car is the blue Polara leading off the video...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GE7uxkcgdo&feature=youtu.be"]All Gasser Show El Segundo Ca Aug 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, love the 41' Willy PU.
Iconic gasser = Americar/Willys

Attachments

• bub.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 739
  • sn77089.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 696
  • Newchip20101216.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 675
  • gasserwagon.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 680
What Brand cab is that? Willys?
Yeah, I`ve been chipping at a street faux gasser for 4years on and off.
52 Dodge Wayfarer 3PCoupe.
72-New Yorker broham-440 engine/4spd, and narrowed <car 8.75 sg.
Replaced whole bottom of car,recessed firewall, custom frame. Am I sane? doubt it:glasses7:
Hey, if your gonna throw money at something, might as well be an old car. right?

Attachments

• 1 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 672
Cab is a 50 F1 Ford and when complete it will be a Willord.lol
Only a diehard willys fan would notice, I would`nt know the difference, just heard of it being done. I check out the hokey a**mb 2.
I`d imagine we`ll be building custom headers for these rides.
IF you find anything that is close, that with little mods, would work, let me know.

Only a diehard willys fan would notice, I would`nt know the difference, just heard of it being done. I check out the hokey a**mb 2.
I`d imagine we`ll be building custom headers for these rides.
IF you find anything that is close, that with little mods, would work, let me know.

kick *** lookin truck !

when I was in tech school we were building a 51 ford pu with a 383 in it. We purchased some chevy headers like the ones you posted at a swap meet. The engine came with bb mopar headers we cut the flanges off of both and welded the chevy headers to the flanges worked great. This was done in !978.

Sweet video thanks. Every now and then they have a gasser for sale at "Barn Fine Classics", they always catch my eye if I'm driving by.

when I was in tech school we were building a 51 ford pu with a 383 in it. We purchased some chevy headers like the ones you posted at a swap meet. The engine came with bb mopar headers we cut the flanges off of both and welded the chevy headers to the flanges worked great. This was done in !978.

That may be what I end up doing.Patriot makes decent fenderwell gasser type header for the chevy engine and not priced to bad at $200 for the raw steel type.

Doing the body work on a 51 Chevy Business Coupe right now. Dual quad 409, 4 speed, Dana 60.

That may be what I end up doing.Patriot makes decent fenderwell gasser type header for the chevy engine and not priced to bad at $200 for the raw steel type.

I've used the Big Block Chevy headers a few times

As stated the port spacing is close

BB chevy 180 crossover
since they don't make them for a mopar big block

015s-1.jpg

Wheels up

Attachments

• 10659192_689889744433676_7564810770397332806_n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 438
41 Willys is my dreamcar, always thought they were awesome even back when I was a kid. This is perfection in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy is building a 41 willys right now, it is a glass car, his cars always come out top notch.

-
Back