Gauge cluster problem

-

tbr1806

Reaction score
I put my gauge cluster back in tonight and the lights in the cluster do not work. The blinkers work and so does the oil pressure light. I know the rhetostat is working because the radio light comes on and dims high/low. Am I missing a ground?

Sounds like a bad pin/ bad connection right there where the orange lighting wire hooks to the PC board.

If you have not done so, tho, it's a GOOD idea to add a ground pigtail to the board mounting screw(s) and then bolt the other end to something like the dash frame/ column support.

Sounds like a bad pin/ bad connection right there where the orange lighting wire hooks to the PC board.

If you have not done so, tho, it's a GOOD idea to add a ground pigtail to the board mounting screw(s) and then bolt the other end to something like the dash frame/ column support.

Seems to be a few of the "bulb sockets" they felt like they were in place but the little tabs broke and the brass what on the backside of the PCB holding them in. Now to find them...

Seems to be a few of the "bulb sockets" they felt like they were in place but the little tabs broke and the brass what on the backside of the PCB holding them in. Now to find them...

You might try, clean the tabs on the sockets and then put a dab of solder on each

You might try, clean the tabs on the sockets and then put a dab of solder on each

I'm hoping to find replacement so they can be swapped out easier in the future. This will be a last resort method.

"HELP" line at most part stores. 3 different sizes there. You'll need the 5/8 sockets for your mopar.

I know a lot of people don't care much for eBay, but you can get the sockets there actually pretty cheap. I've used them before, I bought sockets and LED bulbs for my '71. They fit perfect and looks great at nite.

Just take one of your old ones and go to NAPA are any of the parts stores and match them up and get some new bulbs and you'll be good to go

The sockets from NAPA may be produced by Dorman. May be from better grade materials. Surely OEM grade at least. Can we expect the same from the HELP line of products or ebay offerings ? Who knows. Good luck

I donoo Red. Dorman has become pretty chineseoated lately. Their lug nuts are a "good" example. "Good" example of real poor quality, that is. Bein's as how lug nuts are sort of important, that's disturbing.

I donoo Red. Dorman has become pretty chineseoated lately. Their lug nuts are a "good" example. "Good" example of real poor quality, that is. Bein's as how lug nuts are sort of important, that's disturbing.
I will second that. Dorman parts lately seem to be a crap-shoot. You may get a good one and you may not.

-
Back