Gauges.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Went to town the other day and spotted a 69 Road Runner, a work in progress kind of thing. Guy had a gauge for everything mounted in/on top of & under the dash. Diff temperature, power steering temperature, brake pressure, fuel temperature to name a few. Stupidest looking arrangement I have seen in a while. Monitoring the diff temperature in a street car? Why? Had so many gauges packed in everywhere can't imagine it NOT being a hazard to drive, trying to watch them all. Guy got a bit pissy with me when I walked away laughing.....

He was probably just upset because he hadn't been able to show you the app on his tablet where he can monitor all of those gauges while his car is parked or in his garage...

He was probably just upset because he hadn't been able to show you the app on his tablet where he can monitor all of those gauges while his car is parked or in his garage...

LOL....probably so....really need to find my phone, just for picture taking....

Went to town the other day and spotted a 69 Road Runner, a work in progress kind of thing. Guy had a gauge for everything mounted in/on top of & under the dash. Diff temperature, power steering temperature, brake pressure, fuel temperature to name a few. Stupidest looking arrangement I have seen in a while. Monitoring the diff temperature in a street car? Why? Had so many gauges packed in everywhere can't imagine it NOT being a hazard to drive, trying to watch them all. Guy got a bit pissy with me when I walked away laughing.....

When i make my custom instrument cluster for my cuda i am going to have my tach dead center above steering column, speedo to the left of that, then on the right like a 68 / 70 charger dash will be oil pressure, water temp, volts, fuel in that order. The 2 most critical to spirited driving in forward line of sight. Rpm , and oil pressure.

Guy is just gage happy.

attachment.php

LOL, Wow! Maybe he's ADD or ADHD, lol. Just having the basics isn't enough! lol

I'm basing mine from a 66 Barracuda dash. Gonna have Speedo and Tach L/R center over steering wheel. Not sure which sides I'll mount the Volts, water temp, oil press, and fuel gauges. Will be two on left side of speedo and two on right side of tach.
Actually just got my oil press and fuel gauges today in the mail :)

You can always tell a drivers IQ by the amount of stuffed animals on the rear shelf or gauges on the dash.

-
Back