G'day from Downunder

-

AUS_Duster

Reaction score
Hi there A Body fans. Here is my much loved 71 Duster.

This is my 3rd Mopar. I had a 72 Challenger and a 70 R/T Challenger that required too much work to fix up, so they were sold. I imported this car from Ohio about 2 years ago. It was restored when I bought it and had a stock 440. I just changed it over to a 476 HP 440 and dressed it up with some nice pulleys etc from 440 source.

I don't get to drive it much as it is registered as a club vehicle and can only be driven to official club events. They are apparently going to change the laws soon to allow it to be driven for 90 days a year. Hope its soon!

They also just changed the laws here on importing vehicles. Cars made before 1989 could be imported quite easily until recently, when the law was changed so that if a car was modified (eg different engine, trans etc) you have to be able to PROVE that the modification was done to it pre 1989. I have heard of many people who have had cars send back because if this and some because the paint colour (yes the colour) was not original! It makes all of the cars here more valuable but hinders a lot of imports of cars for us enthusiasts.

Anyway I hope you like the pictures of my A Body. Sorry the body pictures aren't the best.

The forums are great and the info extensive. Great site!

Cheers!

P1160895.JPG

P1160896.JPG

P1160898.JPG

P1160899.JPG

P1160890.JPG

P1160891.JPG

P1160888.JPG

!BULkQ)!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLl0EpmBKMPfnb+Dw~~_3.JPG

Welcome aboard AUS_Duster :cheers:
That is a great Duster you have =P~=P~=P~=P~
Jump on in and enjoy, there are some other Australian members here :happy10: and it's good to see another join in on the fun :happy10:

Aloha Bro! Great to see another 71 Duster on board!

Aloha Mike

BTW...very nice looking 71. Thanks for the heads up on the laws... interesting!

Yeah nice tidy Duster, welcome aboard. Saw a few pics of the outside in Chrysler Action mag recently so good to see a few inside and engine shots.

Cheers
James

Welcome to FABO, AUS Duster! You're going to have fun here.
Sweet Duster!

-
Back