GE nighthawk sealed beams

-
Good job guys. The amazon deal is now gone. Now upto $7.70 ea, free shipping.

So what your saying is there was such a run on these from fabo members they decided to run the price up. Thats messed up. Still on evilbay at $4.99 each.

They changed them from an add on item to a prime item and the price jumped to $14. Guess I grabbed 4 just in time. Should've grabbed 40 I guess and distributed them to FABO members at cost. Lol

The below pictures are with old junkyard pulled sealed beam Halogen.
Been driving with them for years.
Sylvania maybe? I'd have to look.
What ever was on the market 10 or 15 years in junk yards.

Since my 45 year old wires had a meltdown last month, I did some up grades.
I put in the FBO ECU and Flamethrower which is fine.
Here's one for electrical gurus. Help.

This is my commuter so I don't want to have down time on that car.
I keep it on the road.
That's my excuse for not doing it sooner.
I pulled in wires to bypass the firewall connections on the amp meter load and the "run" circuit.
Well, I JUST did a relay upgrade too.
DO IT!.
Bought the Bosch relays and connectors.
Went with ceramic for the headlights just in case.........
Ran a dedicated feed off the alternator for the relay power to separate fuses for the relays.
I've been driving for years with lights that:
1. Was afraid to use high beams because of the headlight switch load.
2. Could not see more than 50 feet ahead. (Whatever).

And my night driving is all on the interstate so I had other cars and lighting wasn't really a big problem.

Here is the result. I also went with the Phillips 194LED for the instrument lighting and high beam indicator. (Got two 2 packs which did 3 cluster back lights and the indicator)
NOW my light switch and number 5/4 fuse area below it (feeds the cluster and outside lights) aren't HOT when I get home at night.
I also hung a volt meter above my left knee by the kick panel to monitor that.

Before.
(Ok. I don't really have a before. But you get the idea.)

20170528_133504 (Large).jpg

After.

20170524_222920 (Large).jpg

20170524_223013 (Large).jpg

20170523_213014 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Well i'm glad to find em for the price i got them at. Didnt really need em yet, car is still in a million pieces, but they dont go bad sitting on a shelf until needed, and less than $10 for a pair was a total steal lol.
Just check them before you set them on a shelf. As said they apparently have quality issues. First ones I got were defective connectors. Returned and I am very happy with the replacements. I've only had the car out after dark a couple times but I was impressed. Seemed to light things up as good as my newer vehicles. I installed mine with relay kit from Dan.

Just check them before you set them on a shelf. As said they apparently have quality issues. First ones I got were defective connectors. Returned and I am very happy with the replacements. I've only had the car out after dark a couple times but I was impressed. Seemed to light things up as good as my newer vehicles. I installed mine with relay kit from Dan.
I planned on checking them with an ohmmeter before putting them on the shelf.

Update.
Last night the passengers side low beam failed.
I'm checking. It's a GE. Drivers is a Sylvania.
Looks like most all my old junk yard pulls are GE.
I feel sure that it was the increased voltage and age to the bulb as the cause.
Replacing now with another GE junk yard pull. Looks like that is the more common bulb from my back stock.
Based on my eyeballs and the pattern the GE is more dispersed. Old bulbs may make a difference. I'd go with the GE
No worries.

Last edited:
Hah my lights showed up too. What was funny, I jumped on that eBay sale, For $4.98 ea. When my lights showed up, they were in an Amazon box, and actually was full-filled by Amazon via eBay? Odd. But kudos to the Amazon $3.98 deal. I mean it cost at least that much just for shipping on one light. Hey BTW, my lights were in the original box but the boxes were not glued shut. Seemed to be less than a year old. I bought these same lights 1.5 years ago for $18 ea.

Y'all want to hear a funny. My new lights just showed up at my doorstep in a new sealed amazon prime box. Lol. They were selling em on evilbay for $1.00 more than the amazon special that the rest of you just got lol. Maybe the evilbay seller was just doing the middleman thing. Though with the ebay fees, you would have to sell a ton of these judt to make some pocket change this way.

Last edited:
I have some sylvania performance sealed beams that i got from auto zone some 5 or 6 years ago. They have been good so far. Brighter than what was on it before. They were old yellowed junk yard lights!

-
Back