Torrance1

Reaction score
Is there a Gear Set for the Slant Six
I'm asking for a friend, I've looked on the net with no successes
Gears, no chain

Gears, no chain
Specifically, no. The dual idler gear drive for the 440 can be made to work. I have a thread on here somewhere where I figured it out. Mine is going to be a modified dual to single idler, but I'm not 100% certain I am going to do it yet. Others have done it too, but as of yet, I don't think there's anything specifically made for the slant 6......unless one of the Aussie companies does it that I'm not aware of.

Gears, no chain
So are you saying you could find the gears, but no chain? Or that you want gears, no chain- ie a gear drive?
If you're looking for the timing set, Rock Auto stocks several, as do others I'm sure-
upload_2022-4-23_19-14-49.png

If you're looking for a gear drive, go with Rusty in the post above.

If you want a good chain set, the only one that's really high quality is the JP/Rollmaster. That's all I'll use from now on if I go with a chain.

Rusty and everyone. I am asking for
another person not me. He was wondering if they made a gear set for the 6 so I said I would check it out.. He is not great on the computer.
He knows Mopars. He is a Mopar guy
the 6 is in a 68 dart with over One million miles on the OD... He is going to restore it and give it to his daughter..
We spent about 5 hours at the spring fling this morning...
luckly I found a pair of A pillar covers
for my 74, he picked up a axle for one of his A bodies...
ok... thanks everyone for assisting
Best

Stick with the all metal chains and cogs. Daughter wont like the whine if you can get a 440 dual idler to even fit. Itll last another 200K with the all steel timing chain.

I found new but OLD stock cloyes double roller sprockets and chain for mine. I did wind up getting them as seperate pieces instead of as a set.
Judging by all the dust and package styling I'm guessing what I found is 40+ years old but brand new.
Someone here had a double roller set for a /6 in the classifieds. Actually had 2, as of a couple of days ago when I last looked he had 1 left

-
Back