General Lee Pics

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Was down picking up a truck a couple a yrs ago and behind the building was these. The story goes like this. The guy there was not the owner but had stored these three cars for a lady going through a divorce. Her old man was already in the pen so he looked to be out of the picture. They have been there at this guys place for several yrs and he hasn't heard from her in a long time. I told him i'd store em at my place should he ever want em out of his hair. I'll see if i can get em to post for ya. Vic Storm was with me on this occasion. I found these on a chip in one of my cameras while i was checking the chips for deer pics.
Small Block

Attachments

• General Lee 062.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 614
  • General Lee 060.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 642
  • General Lee 056.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 609
  • General Lee 058.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 629
  • General Lee 057.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 619
WoW!!! Just sitting there in open?? What a shame. Looks like some of the cars from the show. If I remember right even the yellow car was from the show also. Wasn't that the one Daisy drove?

WoW!!! Just sitting there in open?? What a shame. Looks like some of the cars from the show. If I remember right even the yellow car was from the show also. Wasn't that the one Daisy drove?
Yep,in the earlier episodes of the show,until it lost brakes and went over a cliff and exploded. That's when the jeep came along.

..that is too cool would love to have that Charger or Roadrunner..had a 74 RR back in HS..i was raised watching the Dukes!

Everybodies love the Chevy Hugger Orange on a Dukes of hazard Charger

a guy, i don't know him that well, lives on the road that leads to my house has a original General Lee. Documented and signed. He also has a 6 pack 69 charger (so I've been told) sitting under a rubber tarp. I see the car under the tarp everyday, twice a day, on my way to work and on the way home......

A museum near me has a General Lee documented by Warner Bros. as being one that they used. They also have a Superbird and several other Mopars.

Attachments

• IMG00023.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 479
  • img00025c.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG00021.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Superbird.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 472
  • Jul20#72.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 450
I remember on one show the duke boy's had to go to Jonesboro :-D But I think there is many states with the name Jonesboro as city's
I tall you what :-D You sure can find some cool car's Bill, I bet you could find the Hatfields and Mc.Couse battle site :cheers: Thank you for sharing these cool car's I am sure was used on the show. I had to save a couple for sure :happy10:

I remember on one show the duke boy's had to go to Jonesboro :-D But I think there is many states with the name Jonesboro as city's
I tall you what :-D You sure can find some cool car's Bill, I bet you could find the Hatfields and Mc.Couse battle site :cheers: Thank you for sharing these cool car's I am sure was used on the show. I had to save a couple for sure :happy10:

Memike,
I have family in Jonesboro. My Grandfather lived in Walnut Ridge for 50 years and out in Black Rock early on. It's been a few years since I have been up that way if I ever get back I'll have to look you up.

That would have been Jonesboro, Georgia I assume since they always talked about going to Atlanta too.

Memike,
I have family in Jonesboro. My Grandfather lived in Walnut Ridge for 50 years and out in Black Rock early on. It's been a few years since I have been up that way if I ever get back I'll have to look you up.
Always home :cheers: That would be cool Man :happy10:

That would have been Jonesboro, Georgia I assume since they always talked about going to Atlanta too.

You are probably right Frank. I seen a episode of Andy Grifant and they said they had to pick up a prisoner in Jonesboro also 8)

There's a friend of Bruce's that owns a pretty sharp clone who lives in middle GA

Attachments

• 2009-02-16 Georges House (0) (Medium).jpg
    170 KB · Views: 360
  • 2009-07-05 House (1).jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 368
This is one I saw here at the Marion County fair grounds.

10225_194398378097_600023097_3995218_4737949_n.jpg

The glove box was signed by the cast.
10225_194398383097_600023097_3995219_3553132_n.jpg

10225_194398388097_600023097_3995220_5504168_n.jpg

We have a 72 Charger and I don't know how many times we've been asked if we were going to make it a General Lee. :roll:

That's a pretty cool find you made on the cars.I didn't know there was anything like that around here.Nice pics.

This is one I saw here at the Marion County fair grounds.

10225_194398378097_600023097_3995218_4737949_n.jpg

The glove box was signed by the cast.
10225_194398383097_600023097_3995219_3553132_n.jpg

10225_194398388097_600023097_3995220_5504168_n.jpg

We have a 72 Charger and I don't know how many times we've been asked if we were going to make it a General Lee. :roll:

I met a good guy a couple times in Indiana who has a couple of General Lee's, his name is Travis, he has a club north american general lee fan club. I think he lives in Indianapolis! He found the original lee "#1" used in a couple episode's which you see jump Roscoe during the openning credits! Its a really cool story if your into the Duke boys General Lee, an amazing find and restro! He has made it possible for me to meet Dasiy, Cooter, and Luke at local car shows and events, and even let me get a picture sitting inside one of his Lee's... If you ever get a chance to meet him hes a cool dude! Google his website northamericangeneralleefanclub!

Shame they are sitting there rotting away, I would love to own a General Lee (of course who wouldn't?)

Read in a magazine some years ago that some of the ones that were used for stunts had concrete pored in the trunk, anybody know if it is true? Had something to do with when they jumped them the cars needed "ballast" in the trunk or something like that.....

Yeah it's true.... they can't scrape them because they have the concrete in them. They are setting somewhere in a field in GA.

I've read (somewhere) that they would jack the car up in the middle with floor on each side of the car. Then poor concrete into the trunk until it leveled out.

-
Back