George Ray filled our live's

-
Gee, Mike, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

He sounds like the kind of guy that you'd expect to live forever. Or at least, you'd want him to.

I will cherish my George Ray t-shirt, and wear it with pride.

Give our best to his family. I'm sure they're fine with you showing up tie-less, George knows how you are.

Cheers, my friend.

And to think i was fortunate to spend the day of his passing with one of his buddies, MeMike, and see his track the first time on the day of his passing. I'm a fortunate individual for knowing, and being with one of his close friends on that very day. Thanks Mike
Small Block

Gee, Mike, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

He sounds like the kind of guy that you'd expect to live forever. Or at least, you'd want him to.

I will cherish my George Ray t-shirt, and wear it with pride.

Give our best to his family. I'm sure they're fine with you showing up tie-less, George knows how you are.

Cheers, my friend.
Thank you comoxian :happy10: It's raining and will be drizzling all day here and That's not going to stop me from saying good bye, No tie for me. He would be happy with me just as I am.

And to think i was fortunate to spend the day of his passing with one of his buddies, MeMike, and see his track the first time on the day of his passing. I'm a fortunate individual for knowing, and being with one of his close friends on that very day. Thanks Mike
Small Block
That was weird Bill, I thought something looks different at his place with all the car's in the car port huddled up that day we drove by the track.

Here is something I want to share here that a man drew of George

The good ol days, George built three of these cars and kept the one you see in my pictures. A wild ride to say the least I made a couple rides down the track with him.

DSCN5352.jpg

The racing gods will recieve a great one today memike. You have a safe drive bud. Thanks for the video, it kind of choked me up and I have never been. That was ment for you and Small Block to drive by there. God Speed.

Sorry for the loss of george MeMike and thank you for sharing all of the stories and pic's about him and his dragstip with us,prayers on the way

Mike I'm sorry to hear you lost a good friend and a great racing icon. I doubt that George will care if you wear a tie or not, he'll be grinnin' just to see you there. Prayers sent for George and his surviving family.

The racing gods will recieve a great one today memike. You have a safe drive bud. Thanks for the video, it kind of choked me up and I have never been. That was ment for you and Small Block to drive by there. God Speed.
Thank you homecloned, God picked up another great man that served him to be with the best of the best we have lost in the past 8)

Sorry for the loss of george MeMike and thank you for sharing all of the stories and pic's about him and his dragstip with us,prayers on the way
Thank you waggin :happy10:
Just giving my family here at fabo another day with me that I wanted to share :happy10:

Mike I'm sorry to hear you lost a good friend and a great racing icon. I doubt that George will care if you wear a tie or not, he'll be grinnin' just to see you there. Prayers sent for George and his surviving family.
Thank's Sid :happy10: Over all I guess it was 30% Tie's.
OldVart he did it agan :happy10: George Ray brought folks together and seen some old faces that remembered me as a young gun 8)
Jerry Allison "I will let ya know how who is later" and many great old fart's was there and it was a big reunion for many today. O:) You would have liked him :happy10:

As this thread comes to a close I just want to thank god for letting him run his drag strip [-o< George always said this was god's track I just run it.

Thank you George

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 035.jpg

Just guessing there was well over 100 on our way to lay George'es body to rest.

Look in my rear view mirror :happy10:
Yes there is a herd off deer, My camera just could not get them :happy10:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 028.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 030.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 032.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 033.jpg

I think this would be in 1975 buy looking.
He got a kick out of taking folks down the track.

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 041.jpg

Thank you JC. Let me know when it's time to re up on my gold membership

States for the folks out here

Richard Roach 17
RICHARD ROACH CLASS CHAMP

NORMAN QUINN 14 NORMAN QUINN CLASS CHAMP

ROY PAUL 17 ROY PAUL CLASS CHAMP

GARY BELL 12 Gary Bell Class Champ

RICK "SUPER FREAK" JAMES 11

GREG ALAN 7
Little Thumper 7 Both will Get a plaquee at the Dinner

KRIS GREENWAY 21 CLASS CHAMP JACKET WINNER

BRYAN ABBOTT 10 Class Champ JACKET WINNER

Thanks for giving me a little look into what a great man Mr.Ray was.After seeing the vids and reading some of the posts I think he deserves to be called
Mr. Ray.Yes,that is a funny little track but I bet you won't find one that is
more friendly and fun. RIP Mr.Ray:burnout:

Thanks for giving me a little look into what a great man Mr.Ray was.After seeing the vids and reading some of the posts I think he deserves to be called
Mr. Ray.Yes,that is a funny little track but I bet you won't find one that is
more friendly and fun. RIP Mr.Ray:burnout:

Thank you DRENO, There is a big family of folks that enjoyed George Ray for a bunch of years.

This thread is a great tribute to George Ray. I really like the "Celebration of Life" cards......

Here's a pic I saved from one of your threads awhile ago of George's track. I loved the pic then and even more now.

Arkansas Drag Strip.jpg

Thank 6pqc C.
Here is the last time I got to spend time with George
I think Bonnie herd my wrist crack when he put that vice grip hand shake at me. It was a rain out Sunday and he demanded me to come in.
Thank you all for letting me share some great memories George gave me and many people at the track

920 sterday night 012.jpg

920 sterday night 019.jpg

-
Back