George Ray filled our live's

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am week this morning and trying to remember the hundreds of days he gave me and my two son's to share a day together away from home.
We lost a great man here in North East Arkansas
Sunday's will never be the same here.
I won't see race car's on tailors or hear them tuneing them up on Saturday night. My prayers to the family and thousands of folks that loved George

He was always there for the kids, I remember mikey Jr. my son on his shoulders while I ran my 70 Barracuda early one Sunday morning 26 years ago.
I was blest to have him and his family in my life
Thank you for all my friends I made at your race track George and for letting me in your home.

Love Mike S.

CHRISTMAS BROTHERS HOUSE 2009 067.jpg

DSC04906.jpg

Next time I hear thunder i will think its ol George in the burn out box in the sky.God speed.

WoW! Mike and I were by the track yesterday in our search for a corn planter. We never had a clue we were there on the day of his passing. Never ran there but always threatened doing so. I guess it wont happen now. Thanks for showing me the track Mike.
Small Block

Man that sad news. I wonder if the track passed with him??? will anyone keep it going??

I emailed Hot Rod TV and let em know along with Speed TV so he'll get the credits he deserves. Do we need to notify more?
Small Block

Next time I hear thunder i will think its ol George in the burn out box in the sky.God speed.
Thank you daredevil What a great thought to put in my mind

WoW! Mike and I were by the track yesterday in our search for a corn planter. We never had a clue we were there on the day of his passing. Never ran there but always threatened doing so. I guess it wont happen now. Thanks for showing me the track Mike.
Small Block
Yes we did Bill :sad5: I will never forget looking at the track that day with you the day we lost him :sad:

Man that sad news. I wonder if the track passed with him??? will anyone keep it going??
The track will close moparsegura, It was in his wishes :study:

sounds like a job for Mike
There is no man that could fill his shoes daredevil, There will always be memories :burnout: and :rock: and friends :love4: But the track will be closed.

Can you imagine the hot rods in that funeral proccession?
I wish I had Victoria put back together, But I will get some pictures and share with my family here

I emailed Hot Rod TV and let em know along with Speed TV so he'll get the credits he deserves. Do we need to notify more?
Small Block
Thank you Bill, The word is traveling fast around the world of the great man we called George Ray :sad11:

That would be too damn cool! :toothy7:
The word around the area is that some of the folks and family will open a new race track just up the road from George's :dontknow:

We should pick a time today when we can all tip back a cool one in his honer.
Just a thought.

RIP George
I am in, and will even put a pork loin on the grill in his honor, I always carried a grill with me to George Rays and a cooler full of beer.
That would be nice homecloned :goodman: :-( this morning ,But I know he would want us to hold our chines high and have a great day.

Until we all meet at that big drag strip in the sky :burnout::burnout:

Here's to you George Ray :drinkers:

May the weather be perfect, the sun keep shining, the track kept clean, traction be as sticky as can be and maybe just a slight tail wind. God speed to you, Mr. Ray, God speed.

Wylde1.

His memorie will live on up here in Ontario MeMike!He,s now watching over us,while we do what he loved best.:burnout:

HAELEE 084.jpg

This is sad news.
My condolences are to his wife, family, and all of his friends especially you memike, it sounds like you were very close to him.
I think it would be a fitting gesture for them to drive him in the hearse down his favorite track for one last pass and give him the win light.
He should be inducted into the motorsports hall of fame for all he's done for people.
God's speed George Ray, your work is done here. You are coming home. :angel5:

Small Block

They did a spot on him on SPIKE TV's HORSEPOWER. That's how I heard of him & his track. They should be told.

Never was there, but I'm still sadddened to hear that a grassroots guy like him is gone. :sad:

I wish his family and friend's the best. George sounded like a real good down to earth guy Memike. The autographed t-shirt you sent me will mean a whole lot more to me now and will treasure it dearly. He will be greatly missed.

John

I heard that today also. I always meant to take a weekend and drive down there. My loss for sure.
Godspeed to Mr. Ray!

My day for George Ray was not spent alone
Creed and a few friends stopped buy and checked in on me on my phone.
Sorry home cloned I am just getting back on line and the day flew bye
I had to put my George ray's hat on after the Tequila started kicking in
The grill stayed busy with pork loin and some greens
And Small Block's summer sausage and Jerky was attacked

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 004.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 009.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 018.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 005.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 011.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 015.jpg

Thank you homecloned :wave:
I see you have a thread going about your wife getting a raise \\:D/
I will go see what is going on :glasses2:

Sad,sad news. Rest in peace George Ray. It is obvious he was a man that made a life of helping thousands of folks thru the years. Our thoughts & prayers are with his family and friends.

Oldschoolcuda

Sad,sad news. Rest in peace George Ray. It is obvious he was a man that made a life of helping thousands of folks thru the years. Our thoughts & prayers are with his family and friends.

Oldschoolcuda
Thank you Oldschoolcuda and yes he did.
He will be missed by thousands of folks that loved him.

He will be laid to rest tomorrow and I will attend the services even if I can't find a tie, I am sure George would not mind, But i should barrow one from brother Ken.
I want to thank all my great friends here for there prayers and best wishes for him and the family and folks that loved him and was blest to have him in there life
here we are last year resting our legs in his shade by his car.

ebay402%20108.jpg

Your very welcome homecloned, I will be going to his funeral tomorrow
and see the family, I just can't decide if I need to barrow a tie from brother or not, it's going to be cold and I do want to be respectful, But I think there will be allot of folks there with out a tie. I never seen George in one.

-
Back