Get outside and look at the Moon!!!

-
I was just driving home from work and shut the lights off for a few seconds and could see pretty well with the moonlight.

OMG...get outside and look at the full blue moon, so awesome tonight!!!!

For no reason, I woke and got up at 4:45AM, could not sleep. Moon still up in N Idaho. I considered getting camera, but it is surrounded by heavy haze.Sun just now peeked in at

You'll have to tip it sideways. Not a very good photo but it was cool.

Attachments

• 20150731_212029.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 145
Sunrise. Looks like the A-bomb.

Attachments

• IMG_20150801_105202.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 145
For no reason, I woke and got up at 4:45AM, could not sleep. Moon still up in N Idaho. I considered getting camera, but it is surrounded by heavy haze.Sun just now peeked in at

Hmmm, same thing happened to me. It was raining, for some reason I went right outside barefoot and walked down the street, the moon behind the clouds still cast some light on the trees and puddles, I got thoroughly soaked then dried off and went back to sleep...

Great pics Del!

Unfortunately we didn't have much of a sunset tonight. I tried to make the most of it by catching a reflection off the lake. The one showing water is the S end of Lake Coeur d Alene. The second one is coming home, there was a turnout in the freeway, and I just slammed the brakes, pulled over and snapped a couple. This is along the freeway, tough to 'not' get vehicles in the frame.

These moon shots are not particularly good. There was some sort of haze around the moon tonight, and of course the wx is hot. I was in a T shirt and perfectly warm

The bottom shot is a full size crop. This is my beat up 300mm f2.8, with a Canon 2X Extender II stacked with a 1.4X Tamron converter, so a combined lens of 840mm.

I did nothing to these except crop and scale 'em down

Good pics Karl...my camera sucks and pics don't do justice unless Del takes them LOL :cheers:

Another good night to see the MOON :glasses7:

The up tonight.. dang Karl. great shots :glasses7:

From last night...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1438436262121.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 121
That......is......AWESOME!!!!!

Hope you are safe from the fires Doug, good luck and thanks for the pic :glasses7:

So much for" sunny Pismo Beach" ... Doug's, your pics, & everyone else's: Exceptional work! Everywhere from Santa Barbara to Santa Maria ,I could see well lit white picket fences, grass color changes, and 80 degree weather.. I get back ,to Pismo: fog (as usual...) ,no full moon, & blah... Our "real summer " hits hard: late August to mid- late October..(triple digits ,in general.). Tonight, would be a perfect street racing night ,Goddammit...

Attachments

• IMG_20150802_021204_1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 116
It's a super moon tonight...get out and look!!! I am sitting lakeside by a fire and it's so bright that I can read my Mopar mag by moonlight :glasses7:

Wish you were here by the fire Pete, next weekend well have a late nighter...... :glasses7:

Tom stopped by, went for an icecream cone in the 59 Fury then a large campfire with your load of branches. I think I looked at the moon more than the fire

No moon here!!! Fires all over WA state and a giant windstorm + overcast made this afternoon seem like an eclipse. Tonight is overcast and 'smelly' (smokey)

-
Back