Getting Duster reasy for paint!

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
After sitting dormant for almost 2 years i am finally getting my Duster ready for paint this summer!
I rolled it out of the garage Sun. and started blocking the body,got a few spots to fix but nothing to major still might end up replacing the left front fender not happy with how it looks.
Hoping to have it blocked and ready to start laying on color sometime after Carlisle!
001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

looking good, boy it takes alot of work to get to that point doesn't it?

Yes it does, i have done alot of work to it already but still have some massaging to do yet!
The only big thing is the factory seam at the roof,lead is lumpy got to see if i can smooth it out so it doesn't look bad once it's painted.

Got a few hours of blocking today,just a few small things to fix the only problem i'm having is trying to straighten the factory lead seam in the roof.
Got it close just a little more massaging to make it right.
Don't look like to many people are interested but i'll keep updating as i go along for those that are.

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

We're interested, just keep the progress pictures coming.
So, what's it gonna be/is it/was it? 340 4 spd, are you going stroker, big block or undecided yet?

We're interested, just keep the progress pictures coming.
So, what's it gonna be/is it/was it? 340 4 spd, are you going stroker, big block or undecided yet?

I have a 69 340 auto. all ready to drop in soon as it gets painted.

Blocking... punishment for the car enthusiast!

Good work.

Doing it yourself you have 2 ways to look at it. 1 if it looks bad you can blame yourself 2 if it looks great you can brag how good you are and you feel really good about saving some money and it looking great. Good luck keep the pics rolling in.

Blocking... punishment for the car enthusiast!

Good work.

I love it for some odd reason. Wish I did more on my car, LOL

Looks good Kev. Is the lead seam high ? I would take a coarse file to it and shave it down low, then use some filler/putty over the low spot.

I love it for some odd reason. Wish I did more on my car, LOL

Looks good Kev. Is the lead seam high ? I would take a coarse file to it and shave it down low, then use some filler/putty over the low spot.

It took me 2 days on those seams but i have them pretty nice now!
Hoping to finish the last couple small spots tomorrow and lay on another coat of primer then block it one more time!

Those seems are a pain. The lead is all ways high and if it was a vinyl top car they are full of filler that needs to be ground out.

Those seems are a pain. The lead is all ways high and if it was a vinyl top car they are full of filler that needs to be ground out.

Nope not a vinyl top car so at least i'm lucky there. My Scamp did have a vinyl top but the previous owner took it off and just bondoed the holes shut so i'll have to clean the out and weld them up.

Looks good, I'm about to start to finish the bodywork on my duster so you're way ahead of me.
Good luck, looks good,
Jr.

Finished the last few spots tonight hoping to get a coat or 2 of fresh primer on it this coming weekend then one round of blocking,hopefully it will be the last one!:munky2:

-
Back