Getting Heads and headers.

-
i would buy the ceramic coated heater...i own a set of the chromed..and ceramic headers...the chrome are going in next week to get ceramic coated...

How do they compare in price. These seamed cheap, I go to lots of cruises, looks are more important, I think chrome is cool.

if looks are more important ..go with the ceramic

I wouldn't do chrome myself unless it was strictly a show car with very limited use and stored in a climate controlled setting. I had a few friends that did Harley show bikes and they tried every "home remedy" to keep them from bluing and none worked. There's also the rust factor. I had "a" chrome header before, that replaced a cracked manifold on a driver i had in the early 80's. Yes it was a 4cyl. but it was cheaper then a new manifold...lol. Cool at first, but took all of a week to look like do-do. The good thing is the ceramics, when done well, will look just as good as chrome and baring any leaks or spills on them will last a long time and look great. Here's a coated header pic i got from a ad from none other then our own Leanna @ PSC.....Looks pretty sharp to me.....

Attachments

• 1123.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 198
yes...the tti chrome headers...bluing.....as they say...you can pay me now..or you can pay me later...

Ceramic,or Jet Hot,way worth the coin.Sitting down ,and fixing/sanding rusty headers is such a pain.

don't know much about that shop, except i bought my tti's from there.they were the same price as everywhere online and i picked them up so no shipping.and i got the chrome ones cause i was lacking in good sense, and they are blue as hell .get the coated ones....

I wouldn't do chrome myself unless it was strictly a show car with very limited use and stored in a climate controlled setting. I had a few friends that did Harley show bikes and they tried every "home remedy" to keep them from bluing and none worked. There's also the rust factor. I had "a" chrome header before, that replaced a cracked manifold on a driver i had in the early 80's. Yes it was a 4cyl. but it was cheaper then a new manifold...lol. Cool at first, but took all of a week to look like do-do. The good thing is the ceramics, when done well, will look just as good as chrome and baring any leaks or spills on them will last a long time and look great. Here's a coated header pic i got from a ad from none other then our own Leanna @ PSC.....Looks pretty sharp to me.....

Rick, thanks for the mention and the compliment on my work but where on Earth did you dig up that old dinosaur picture from?? I haven't been doing high temp ceramic coatings for a few years now. The shipping costs were just too prohibitive for my customers -- a set of 3" long tubes with crossovers was almost $100 each way! -- and the supplier was very difficult to work with; I fired 'em and haven't regretted it once.

For what it's worth, make sure whomever you hire to do the job coats them inside and out. There's quite a few places who do that type of work but not all of them offer warranties or coat the entire header. Further, make sure you read any fine print before agreeing to let them do the work -- just using stock bolts on your valve covers rather than stainless can void the warranty! "Rust drips" are not covered under most circumstances.

tti has a price fixing approach to their product. If you can get them at a show, they will sell for 10% off.

Vendors that sell for less than what tti list as the suggested price, get pulled from the vendor list. You may get free shipping if they drop ship from tti.

IIRC, smaller volume vendors get 10% off list price and free shipping, bigger ones get 20% off, so there's not much meat on the bone for the vendors to bargain even if they could.

tti has a price fixing approach to their product. If you can get them at a show, they will sell for 10% off.

Vendors that sell for less than what tti list as the suggested price, get pulled from the vendor list. You may get free shipping if they drop ship from tti.

IIRC, smaller volume vendors get 10% off list price and free shipping, bigger ones get 20% off, so there's not much meat on the bone for the vendors to bargain even if they could.

its a frickin monopoly isnt it? they piss me off...

Rick, thanks for the mention and the compliment on my work but where on Earth did you dig up that old dinosaur picture from?? I haven't been doing high temp ceramic coatings for a few years now. The shipping costs were just too prohibitive for my customers -- a set of 3" long tubes with crossovers was almost $100 each way! -- and the supplier was very difficult to work with; I fired 'em and haven't regretted it once.

For what it's worth, make sure whomever you hire to do the job coats them inside and out. There's quite a few places who do that type of work but not all of them offer warranties or coat the entire header. Further, make sure you read any fine print before agreeing to let them do the work -- just using stock bolts on your valve covers rather than stainless can void the warranty! "Rust drips" are not covered under most circumstances.

:eek:ops:......Didn't know you had stopped doing those.
Never the less guys, it still represents the fabulous quality of work Leanna produces :thumrigh:.

And also shows that a quality coating job can look real good under the hood.

-
Back