Getting pounded by snowstorm in virginia

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
We are getting hit hard by this storm in southern va. How is everyone else affected making out. have had to clear my poor canopy 3 times. Over 6"s already & they are predicting at least 6 more inches plus some sleet, freezing rain then more snow before it stops.

Oldschoolcuda

parts5 156.jpg

parts5 157.jpg

parts5 158.jpg

Freezing rain here. 1/8 inch of ice on everything. so far Trees swaying in the breeze. I'm sitting here waiting for the power to go off.

It looks like it finely quit snowing here 8) It is here to stay for awhile :angry7:
To days highs will be 21F There is over 7 inches outside.
I just snapped the first picture 5 minutes ago for your new thread Oldschoolcuda 8)
I took the second picture about 11pm last night.

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 064.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 063.jpg

No snow here in Mass.,but we're still waiting for the plane to come in from Memphis should have been here 3 hours ago but won't be landing till 12 p.m. be here till atleast 2 p.m...more money more money more money:cheers:

Guys
If I got up and seen that in the mornlng I would go back to bed and not get up until spring. You guys are real men!!! We had rain for a full week straight and I was going crazy last week ,gotta have my sun.

Bob

Hey oldschool,

Bring those cars over and stick um in my garage until spring
is here. We'll see if we can make some room.

It's 18 here now but no new snow.

Fare well

We have had our fill of that storm in Okla. There are still about 70,000 without power. Chickasha has 12,472 out and Lawton has 20,280 out and they are not scheduled to get power until late Monday.

Like 4 inches here at home,but not too far down the road they got 8 inches.The problem is,we got 1.5 inches of sleet and freezing rain before the snow fell.I hate this stuff.

Boy you guys sure get a lot of snow down there.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:. Up here, I'm watching the sun rise working on my 3rd cup of coffee and playing with the hound. It's a little nippy outside +20F.

Freezing rain here. 1/8 inch of ice on everything. so far Trees swaying in the breeze. I'm sitting here waiting for the power to go off.

No power outage at my place yet neighbor. The wind is blowing pretty good to.

Boy you guys sure get a lot of snow down there.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:. Up here, I'm watching the sun rise working on my 3rd cup of coffee and playing with the hound. It's a little nippy outside +20F.
I am glad to hear you are enjoying some sun shine and coffee along with me this morning 8) I have not seen the sun in three days,and it look's like Canada down here on the hill :-D But I have Buddy here with me to keep me smiling, Have a great day demon seed :cheers:

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 030.jpg

Have a great day yourself Mike. Jake would say hi but he's power napping after having breadfast and chasing his toys. I think he needs a bigger bed.8)

P1010006.jpg

YEP!!!:cheers: I agree 8)
Jake sure looks great and a happy guy
Buddy is doing the same thing :happy10: But he is sleeping at my feet after he had his run out in the snow to do his duty :toothy10:

Sorry Guy's,we get that every day here ! Buffalo,N.Y
average snow fall is 100-180 inches per year.

Ha ha ha, while that may be true, you have to also look at it from there perspective. There getting alot of snow. While your OK in driving around in 8 plus deep while snowing, this is bad for them.

It's all realitive. I was just reading a post by AdamR and he was saying 6*'s outside while a fella in Canada was saying -20 or something crazy for us, just plain cold for him. If I grew up and lived in Virgina and the temp went to a day time high of the teens, I'd be freaking out.

17 degrees and about 4" on the ground.....looking for 6-8 inches. I'm south of DC in Southern MD. Just got aback from the VFW in Waldorf, roads aren't plowed yet so its a little tricky but driveable.

I would go back and forth yesterday looking at the weather Doppler radar..... we barely missed the snow. So I consider us lucky.

-
Back