Getting rid of the TV altogether.....

-
I am using my new Roku, after replacing the old slow one more and more. I especially like old shows, like Route 66, Peter Gunn, and a BW TV series I've never seen before, "Tombstone" Once in awhile I can "stomach" "The Saint" LOL (I can barely stomach Roger Moore most the time)

One ***** I have is such as Tubi and another, maybe? Filmrise? seems to be overloaded with incredible bloody, terror, no count, "D grade" movies. Some of what they claim to be "westerns" or "drama" or "mystery" or nothing short of Halloween/ terror movies.

These are not campy old movies, but newer, made mostly after 2K.

About 8 years ago I limited my TV time to TV preachers. After finding, in three years or so, that none preached all Bible truth, I finally pulled the plug for good, about 5 or more years ago. I don't miss it at all. I got the Word; don't need no steenking TV preechurman.
If you let it, TV will indoctrinate/brainwash you into believing all kinds of lies. You have to speak out against it. Or you might get on a treadmill of Price is Right, and JudgeJudy, IMO, equally as vile. Speak your dissatisfaction out loud; break the power of the evil-one.; you have to Speak.
If you manage that; congratulations. You can now get on the road of purging all that crap out of your head. Again, you have to speak it out, resisting with your mouth.
May AlmightyGod help you.

Boy I was gonna say, AJ "if you believe anything a TV preacher says............"

We only have over the air antenna for over thirty years. We do have Netflix's we can stream on the tv but our internet is so slow it's frustrating. It's 10 mps on a good day and even when it works while streaming the clarity is bad and the sound is just terrible. Plus we have a 100 gig limit per month.
We go to Family Video to rent blu ray movies but there in financial trouble and may close. Plus today my Samsung blu ray player just started to go into a on off loop that won't stop. Urrrrr!

Jeez ..I just bought a 65" Sony :), you guys make me want to send it back :( .. I usually watch movies (old ones a lot) and probably 5 channels of the 150 we get, and oddly enough, nothing on the big three other than an occasional football game. I remember when we had 3 channels and there was usually something interesting to watch.

Cut the cable a. year ago. My company pays for my internet so I went with YouTube TV for $69.95/month. Much better than $200.00 for cable and internet.

I have been using the firebox for few years.
Plenty of channels,no monthly bills,only internet.

I watched one of the free Roku channels last night. about a half hour of Escape From LA, a less than one star movie. Very hokey presentation. Commercial breaks cut in during a sentence or even a word. I guess the ads are timed and appear no matter what part of the movie you are watching. When I was an IT guy and people clicked on anything that said 'FREE!', and then got a virus, I would tell them there is nothing 'free' on the internet but grief. Seems it still holds true.

The only reason we have a TV is because the wife had it when we met. I only watch three things: The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Quantum Leap. I'd watch Dukes of Hazzard if it came on. I don't watch or allow anything with a laugh track, and the only other shows I'll tolerate are Nova and Nature.
No news, no 'programming'. No Netflix or streaming. I watch some Youtube sometimes on the computer but I felt that the Screenslaver's monologue in The Incredibles 2 was very true (albeit ironic).

And when this TV dies, it's getting replaced with a CRT and a VCR without the digital antenna. I ain't doing this crap any more. The wife sits in front of the damned thing entirely too much although here lately, the TV ain't even on when she's sitting there and I'm ok with that. That means she's sitting thinking about something.

My dad is none too PC about it. He calls television 'the Electric Jew" or "the Slavemaster that replaced the Democrats".

The only reason we have a TV is because the wife had it when we met. I only watch three things: The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Quantum Leap. I'd watch Dukes of Hazzard if it came on. I don't watch or allow anything with a laugh track, and the only other shows I'll tolerate are Nova and Nature.
No news, no 'programming'. No Netflix or streaming. I watch some Youtube sometimes on the computer but I felt that the Screenslaver's monologue in The Incredibles 2 was very true (albeit ironic).

And when this TV dies, it's getting replaced with a CRT and a VCR without the digital antenna. I ain't doing this crap any more. The wife sits in front of the damned thing entirely too much although here lately, the TV ain't even on when she's sitting there and I'm ok with that. That means she's sitting thinking about something.

My dad is none too PC about it. He calls television 'the Electric Jew" or "the Slavemaster that replaced the Democrats".

cathode ray tube and video cassette recorder? lol

-
Back