getting smoke blown up my patootie

-

ef8340

Reaction score
last week I responded to a mechanic job and I got a call about it acouple of days ago. the service manager wanted me to come in and have a chat with me, so I did and thought it went pretty well. he then informs me to stop back by in acouple of days so I did. then he informs me that the guy I would be replacing is now on the fence about leaving even after he put in his 2 weeks notice. so he then tells me to call him today around 8am to see if the guy showed up for work or not. so I call and to find out the service manager isn't even there I was told he had a doc. apt. and wont be in till noon. this is frickin B.S!! why give a guy the frickin run around either tell me you want me or not. all for a damn lube tech position. I know damn sure it wasn't from lack of experience or tools. long haired mopar people need not apply at Chevrolet dealerships

Maybe he forgot the doctor appointment was today, maybe got sick since you talked to him last and was going to the doctor, maybe they told you that to cover up the real reason he wasn't there, maybe he is testing you to see how serious you really are or maybe he is a douche. Things happen in life.

last week I responded to a mechanic job and I got a call about it acouple of days ago. the service manager wanted me to come in and have a chat with me, so I did and thought it went pretty well. he then informs me to stop back by in acouple of days so I did. then he informs me that the guy I would be replacing is now on the fence about leaving even after he put in his 2 weeks notice. so he then tells me to call him today around 8am to see if the guy showed up for work or not. so I call and to find out the service manager isn't even there I was told he had a doc. apt. and wont be in till noon. this is frickin B.S!! why give a guy the frickin run around either tell me you want me or not. all for a damn lube tech position. I know damn sure it wasn't from lack of experience or tools. long haired mopar people need not apply at Chevrolet dealerships

dude i had the same problem but at a gmc dealership. i kept trying to get
ahold of the manager and it was like trying to find a ghost. i first applied in
late December and had a job interview. thought it went very well but he
never called me back. my buddy works their and after six months they went
through three other people weather they quit or got fired. they can't even try
to hire a long hair that will most likley stay at the same job for more than a
year.

What bothers me about this story is NOT that the manager wasn't there, but that they have to wait on a daily basis to see if the current employees "show up."

Why would they even start the hiring process until the previous employee is officially out the door and off the books. Opens up all kinds of potential issues trying to hire another employee before position is actually open. Does not sound like an employer or manager you would want anyway. I would have stopped at the call to see if the guy came in point. Good luck. I am retiring July 1st after 30 years of service with one very decent employer and realize that just does not happen anymore. Hopefully my side parts business will expand now and I'll have the opportunity to hire nothing but long haired mopar people.

Oldschoolcuda

I hope they quit blowing smoke up your butt and give you the job!!! and btw, I saw your neighbors when I was on my way home the other day

Why would they even start the hiring process until the previous employee is officially out the door and off the books. Opens up all kinds of potential issues trying to hire another employee before position is actually open.

It is a common practice around here. Not having the personnel to fully service the customer is bad business and it you try to shuffle the rest of the employees to cover the job then that that adds stress to the work place. Back when I owned a mattress manufacturing company I hired the replacement as soon as I could find a good candidate so the current worker could train the new worker.

i think im done with all the B.S 9 to 5 jobs around here. yesterday I received a call from a government assisted truck driving school it seems they have funds now and I start next week. when I applied they told me they wouldn't receive any funds until the beginning of October. they also told me after my schooling they have a 100% job placement, which is great. so hopefully one more month of being poverty stricken then back to work!!

i think im done with all the B.S 9 to 5 jobs around here. yesterday I received a call from a government assisted truck driving school it seems they have funds now and I start next week. when I applied they told me they wouldn't receive any funds until the beginning of October. they also told me after my schooling they have a 100% job placement, which is great. so hopefully one more month of being poverty stricken then back to work!!

Sometimes you just have to change directions in life. I wish you great success as a truck driver.

-
Back