Getting worried about Ebay purchase - no response

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi

My 44-yr old gas tank is beyond repair and full of rust and holes after sandblasting so i decided to order this (and paid in full):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_638wt_1165

He has 99/9% good feedback so i didnt think twice. But after asking him for a full quote on shipping + parts and he invoiced me, i sent paypal payment right away. Since then, 3 emails I sent was not responded. Could he be away or just too busy? He gave his shop landline phone number in his first email so I doubt hes a scam.

Should I just wait a few more days? Its been about 6 days since i paid for the item. What puzzled me why no update at all?

Syed

Ah. Frank Mitchell. You're going to get a lot of people badmouthing him. He has a lot of stuff, and he REALLY knows how to charge for it.

I would guess that you'll receive your tank, but it may take a while. If you ever do hear back from him, he will say he was travelling.

I wouldn't worry just yet. Looks like the vender moves a LOT of product. It is probably mostly done by computer response and not by manual input. I would give it a couple more weeks.

Try this and see if you get him ... If there are any questions, please contact us M-F 11AM-6PM at 706-337-4606. Frank or Mike After these hours, leave a message at 770.881.6072

Also noticed you are from Malysia ...hell....it take me 3 weeks to get stuff from usa to canada .....i dont think 6 days from usa to malysia is enough time yet.

Hi

My 44-yr old gas tank is beyond repair and full of rust and holes after sandblasting so i decided to order this (and paid in full):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_638wt_1165

He has 99/9% good feedback so i didnt think twice. But after asking him for a full quote on shipping + parts and he invoiced me, i sent paypal payment right away. Since then, 3 emails I sent was not responded. Could he be away or just too busy? He gave his shop landline phone number in his first email so I doubt hes a scam.

Should I just wait a few more days? Its been about 6 days since i paid for the item. What puzzled me why no update at all?

Syed

Are you truely in Malaysia? It will probably take some time then. Here's the shipping policy:

*The estimated delivery time - opens in a new window or tab is based on the seller's handling time, the shipping service selected, and when the seller receives cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab. Sellers are not responsible for shipping service transit times. Transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.

Sign into your PayPal account and look under your recent purchases, see if you payment has been sent to him...if yes, there should be a blue colored "Details" button to check on the shipping in route or not.

6 days...that's probably about right considering the steps of purchase...receiveing clear payment, packaging, shipping route itself...hang in there.

Try this and see if you get him ... If there are any questions, please contact us M-F 11AM-6PM at 706-337-4606. Frank or Mike After these hours, leave a message at 770.881.6072

Also noticed you are from Malysia ...hell....it take me 3 weeks to get stuff from usa to canada .....i dont think 6 days from usa to malysia is enough time yet.

Well thanks for the replies (and concern). But i was just expecting an update like, "We are processing your order and you should get your tank in about 3-4 weeks" that kinda thing. I dont expect the tank to arrived on my doorsteps in 6 days - just some sort of update will do.

Anyway, ill just wait then...

Are you truely in Malaysia? It will probably take some time then.

Sign into your PayPal account and look under your recent purchases, see if you payment has been sent to him...if yes, there should be a blue colored "Details" button to check on the shipping in route or not.

6 days...that's probably about right considering the steps of purchase...receiveing clear payment, packaging, shipping route itself...hang in there.[/COLOR]

I think im getting old or paypal took a little longer to approve the payment. My acct says payment went thru 0936Hrs Jan 25 my time (which is about 9pm EST US on the 24th... thats THREE days ago... Damn i should just wait :)

In my dealings with Frank, I've never had any problems. Prices that will curl your hair sometimes but always got the stuff and in good shape.

In my dealings with Frank, I've never had any problems. Prices that will curl your hair sometimes but always got the stuff and in good shape.

Yeah, he always has good parts, I wouldn't worry about getting the tank.

-
Back