Giant Hogweed plants.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm just tossing this out there as general information (PSA).

These plants have been discovered in numerous states and are dangerous to touch.

Giant Hogweed
upload_2018-7-13_14-8-55.jpeg

Severe burns can result from contact and other symptoms as well, up to and including blindness.

upload_2018-7-13_14-10-46.jpeg

If anyone sees one, keep away, keep kids and animals away.

they are growing in abundance along one of the park roads.the summer students trim around the road signs and cut back at the approaches.i mentioned to the parks manager that the proper steps be taken to protect theses kids.
nothing was done or said.a couple got something like sunburn,and still no action was taken.Iwarned the kids,and they were careful,but no one was reminding them in the daily morning meeting.
stay away from them if you are running a weed trimmer.or a mower..

If I ever saw one of these plants I would spray it with the most deadly herbicide in my arsenal.. If you kill every one you see pretty soon there will be none!!!

Treblig

there is another one called wild parsnip as well.Seems if you cut these plants and get the sap on your flesh it can cause severe chemical burns...and the sun has some effect.
stay clear!

Wild Parsnip in our area. Nasty stuff. Hate to get political but the "anti" folks need to go pick some!

Are they the same thing as Queen Anne's Lace/wild carrots/parsnips? Have alot here in SE Indiana.

-
Back