Gidday from OZ!

-

Vallo440

Reaction score
Hi folks, my name is Chris and i hail from the land down under. I was directed to this awesome site by a good friend here in Australia who happens to own a very nice '72 Duster and who also happens to be a forum member.

I'll drop by from time to time to have a look around and to also tap into the fountain of awesome knowledge and intrigue.

I currently have 4 Mopars, a 2008 Jeep SRT8 with a Vortech supercharger, a '72 Valiant Charger with a 440 bigblock, a '73 Valiant Ute (pickup) and a '78 Chrysler Valiant Regal Wagon. My Aussie Valiants are all A body based so I'll be needing your advice from time to time.

I'll post pictures of my rides soon. I currently don't have any US Mopar iron, apart from the SRT Jeep but my dream is to own a 72 Challenger or a 72 Cuda or a 68 Dodge Charger or even a Dodge Dart. I'm not fussy, I love all things Mopar.

Thanks for having me.
Chris.

Hi folks, my name is Chris and i hail from the land down under. I was directed to this awesome site by a good friend here in Australia who happens to own a very nice '72 Duster and who also happens to be a forum member.

I'll drop by from time to time to have a look around and to also tap into the fountain of awesome knowledge and intrigue.

I currently have 4 Mopars, a 2008 Jeep SRT8 with a Vortech supercharger, a '72 Valiant Charger with a 440 bigblock, a '73 Valiant Ute (pickup) and a '78 Chrysler Valiant Regal Wagon. My Aussie Valiants are all A body based so I'll be needing your advice from time to time.

I'll post pictures of my rides soon. I currently don't have any US Mopar iron, apart from the SRT Jeep but my dream is to own a 72 Challenger or a 72 Cuda or a 68 Dodge Charger or even a Dodge Dart. I'm not fussy, I love all things Mopar.

Thanks for having me.
Chris.

Thx added Sir, and welcome !!!!

No lack of respect intended or implied---
You Folks have been building 'throttle schizoid' machinery for years!!!

Alas, I do not have the 'where with all ' to move to the 'prison continent'
and partake of the psychosis ... eeeerrr, absolute... :D

Thx added Sir, and welcome !!!!

No lack of respect intended or implied---
You Folks have been building 'throttle schizoid' machinery for years!!!

Alas, I do not have the 'where with all ' to move to the 'prison continent'
and partake of the psychosis ... eeeerrr, absolute... :D

In agreement,with this bloke.. Welcome, sir.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I'll assume I can use photobucket to post up my pictures on here?

As for the Vegemite sandwiches, how 'bout a small sampler jar of the stuff instead! Not sure I can get the sandwiches past the sniffer dogs at customs. Lol!

Here's a pic of my Aussie Charger. I've had this car since 1986 and it was my first ever car that I paid for with my own cash. Obviously it never looked like this. Over time I built it up to what you see here.
It has a high comp 440 bigblock, stage 6 alloy heads, M1 intake, 727 torqueflite with 5000 stall convertor and a 9inch rear.

I've since pulled this off the road over a year ago and it now is undergoing a very complicated, intensive and expensive rebuild. I may even start up a build thread. Stay tuned.
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/vallo440/media/phonepics194_zps7a99cd24.jpg.html
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/vallo440/phonepics242_zps65ac0874.jpg

This is my 1978 Chrysler Valiant Regal wagon. It is all original factory except for the wheels. It is numbers matching 318 V8 with ELB, 904 torqueflite with console floor shift, factory air, factory power steering. This car just glides down the road. I love it and so do my 2 young boys. This will be the car I use for towing the Charger when it is finished. Not that i want the Charger to be a trailer queen of course.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/vallo440/phonepics004_zps0d336c84.jpg

This is my modern Mopar. A 2008 SRT8 Jeep. It has a Vortech V3 Si supercharger. This thing is insanely quick off the line. The fastest 0 to 60mph time i've done is 3.24 seconds, recorded with my Diablosport Trinity. It currently has 500 hp at the wheels and I'm aiming for more power with a cam upgrade, smaller pulley on the Vortech and possibly a front mount intercooler.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/vallo440/2012-11-11173935_zpsfdde42cd.jpg
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/vallo440/2012-05-30185121_zps7ec4ed49.jpg

Dredging this up as an ex-Valiant Charger owner based in NZ I'd love to see a build thread of your Charger - especially if the profile pic is anything to go by!

G'Day from Texas! We really enjoyed watching John Faraone run his Mopar in Drag Week last year. Seems like there are lots of Mopar fans down under!

WELCOME FROM................
Texas-Flag_zpspuh3qtzv.jpg

Dredging this up as an ex-Valiant Charger owner based in NZ I'd love to see a build thread of your Charger - especially if the profile pic is anything to go by!
Hi Modz, the Charger is definitely in the works, as per my profile pic, its a massive build. Could be a build thread happening here very soon. I promised some friends of mine that I would start my build thread on another forum here in Australia first. I have two builds going on at the moment. The Charger has had to wait a few months whilst my my two young sons encouraged me to finish my old '74 VJ Ute that was sitting under a tarp for 8.5 years. I've only just got it going. I pulled the old 245 Hemi 6 and replaced it with a very warm 360 V8 and pretty much replaced all the drivtrain and suspension. I just had it tuned and it pulled 300rwhp. It motors very nice on the street. Here's a pic of the ute:

G'Day from Texas! We really enjoyed watching John Faraone run his Mopar in Drag Week last year. Seems like there are lots of Mopar fans down under!

Thank you. There are many Mopar fans down here and the Mopar brand has really started to flourish here in OZ in the last decade or so which is great because all the closet Mopar fans have started to come out of hibernation and flaunt their beautiful cars.

Awesome work - I had one as well but didn't look anywhere near as good as yours! Simmons are still my favourite wheels...keep us posted :)

BTW - what oz site? I check a fair few build sites across the world :)

-
Back