GiftCards for Xmas ..??

-
D

DocFiberglass

So is anyone giving these this year ?

There was a story on a local TV station up here that 10-15% of these cards are never used !!

I will bet the stores just LOVE that.

I built a garage and did some remodelling in the house this year. When I was done, I found $125 in Menards gift cards from last Christmas that I had never used. I did spend them on shelving though.

We give cash or merchandise in my home.
Couple years ago, Regis Philbin Quoted a newspaper article about "Three billion spent on Christmas gift cards" then asked, " Whos mailing all those Christmas cards ?" etc.. showing that he was totally clueless concerning "gift cards". How embarassing ?!?!? LOL

I have 12 nieces and nephews and gift cards work really well. They are pretty good about making sure they get used but yes, it's a fact that gift cards/certificates have a tendency to get lost or just forgotten about. Of course, this is great for merchandisers.

Hey Doc, did you get the low down on how much money places like Hoome Depot get from unused cards!11

Everybody, use your cards!!!!!

Besides other gifts i bought my girlfriend a gift card for Victoria Secret but that might actually be a gift for me!
boff1.gif

I built a garage and did some remodelling in the house this year. When I was done, I found $125 in Menards gift cards from last Christmas that I had never used. I did spend them on shelving though.

Shelving at Menards ? .... Gorilla brand is what I chose.

The last combo I got was the 30" wide ....6 foot tall. I have TWO Dana 70's on the mid shelf ...and 8 727's on top. STURDY as a Maggot Farmer !

In Maine, it's against the law for the companies to have an expiration date, or charge any fees for using gift cards. If a card is valued at $100, then that's what the redeemer will get, no more and no less. I guess the state AG is looking out for us working stiffs. Tim

I dont think any gift cards expire, they are talking about either losing them, forgetting to use them when the time comes or saving them for a day that never comes....

I'd be scarred shitless to do that with my wife.

Terry

I am telling her you are talking about her like that!

So is anyone giving these this year ?

There was a story on a local TV station up here that 10-15% of these cards are never used !!

I will bet the stores just LOVE that.

something to the tune of 80 million dollars a year. kinda shows how wasteful we really are.

-
Back