Ging from throttle body on an 89 Dakota to a carb....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Eliminating the throttle body on the Shelby Dakota. Installed an Edelbrock intake and carb I just happen to have lying around. I am to the point that I am ready to start plumbing the fuel line. I plan to use the original fuel pump in the tank and the original fuel lines to/from the engine bay.

This is new territory for me going from injected back to a carb, so my questions are this:

When I plumb in the return, do i have to have a regulator that has a return port?
Can I simply tee the return off the pressure line before a dead end regulator?
If I tee off the supply before the regulator, will that completely bypass the regulator, resulting in no fuel thru the regulator?

And yes I can't type or spell "Going" in my thread title.......

youll need to have a bypass regulator for sure, no dead head as you have all the return lines anyway. Those Holley logs with the threaded ends work pretty good, just run the regulator off the back end.

What's wrong with the tbi? Are you looking for more performance? With a little work, those systems can run 14s all day long. My friend had one that ran in the 13's without N2O.

Isn't the regulator on those in the TBI? I would run a regulator and return.

"If you don't want too much" I might be interested in the TBI stuff you remove.

the regulator is built into the Holly TBI. You already have the return line so run a bypass style that lets the majority of the 42psi or 12psi of a tbi back to the tank.

-
Back