give me 40 acres

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I had totally forgotten that song, but I purchased a 96 dodge ram 1500 pickup this weekend. Just wanted something to haul stuff occasionally. Heading home after purchasing the truck I stopped to get some gas. When I pulled into the station, that song came to mind.
Funny how you think of dumb stuff like that!

My Dad used to say that, "takes the whole back 40 to turn it around." Don't know why the FRONT 40 would be any different!!!

When I was 7 or 8 my Dad made this tractor out of a Grader. I found a photo of what the grader was, it's "somewhere." When we got "it" the thing was the rear tires, belly pan and engine. That's IT!!!. The front axle is about a 34--36 Ford, and it REALLY DID take 40 acres to turn it around!!

img002cs-jpg.jpg

I think I could turn my 18 wheeler I use to drive easier. The price was good though. Needs a few things, but at my age I need a few things too

WP_20170603_08_40_58_Pro.jpg

Here's a story 'bout turning radius. Got out of the Navy, 74, my home town, met a new friend.......who still is, moved to Montana/ AZ. I used to park on his street on my way home. Sometimes I wanted to leave the other way, and still had the 70 RR then. I could make a "uey" in that street. For a short time I had a 63?64 Falcon Ranchero and THAT LITTLE THING would not make a U turn in that street!!!

Fun story... my family still has the 40 acre plot we got in the Homestead Act of the early 1800's, when we immigrated to Minnesota from Norway.

The mule is dead.

EDIT: it wasn't the homestead act... but it was an 1840's land grant program for immigrants...

when i came off loadin dock mgm and went to driving after i got my license back and my truck number was 9309,..witch when calling truck numbers we dropped the 9,..erry body already called me big joe,..got kinda eerie after a while... widow maker and tomestone every mile right along with big joes story...one use to hit my gut hard was pinball machine of corse erry body crys for teddy bear an giddy up go...

one my childhood favorites,..was a white motor corp promotional 45 record,..dealers pass them out with hats an brochures in mid to late 70s

theres some new trucking song around the web now days,..this here my favorite new truckin tune...then road hammers an northern tradition thay both from cananaida

-
Back