Glass - Tint vs. Clear

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
Time to assemble my ride and thinking about going with new repop factory tinted glass all the way around, I've been a night shift worker all my life and even with sunglasses I'm always squinting in the day time.

Anyone out there have a comparison picture between clear and factory tint? I know it's probably tough to see the difference in a pic.

*NOTE* Not a big fan of the aftermarket tint on a muscle car

After some research it seems that ESC strives to sell the best of the repop glass out there

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5513184/site_id/1

Anyone else have good(or bad) things to say about their purchase of glass or glass vendor?

Factory tint was a coke bottle green and looks like crap with a lot of paint colors.

I went to a GM dealer and had a dark,dark gray (almost charcoal) tint installed on the back and rear side-glass, the max allowed here, by law. The front side-glass had to be a little lighter, by law.The fronts you can't mess with,by law. IMO, and others, it's real nice, against the red(95 MonteCarlo),surrounding it.
I brought him all the glass,loose. I was charged $202Can,in 1999.
The selling point by the GM tech, was that it wouldn't peel, bubble, or color-change for something like 5 years. Well it's been on there for 16 years, and still has not peeled or bubbled. The color is slowly changing, but is still not far from original. The 200 was well spent.

I like the factory tint. Easier on my eyes and car remains factory looking.

Does the FACTORY tint windshields and rear glass any tint? I understand if it does it wouldn't be as much as the sides but just wondering if I should just buy the sides.

I wouldn't mix and match. All or none like the factory built them.
Course it could be done.

-
Back