Go Phillies !!! Who's Your World Series Pick?

-
One at a time. Theres still life. :cheers:
I am following your lead homecloned :happy10:
One game at a time :happy10:
Go Phills :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yea, it was a good game but even with the big lead the Phillies had, NY still came from behind :bootysha: and made it a close one.

Go Cubs! Wait till next year!

(I've said this every year for over two decades)

i am a royals fan lol so for the world series i am rooting for the phillies but after the first few games i havent watched. i hate the yankees. i actualy bought my dad a bunch of yankees toilet paper lol best gift ever

Yankees Win...Theeeee Yankees Win..number 27 ya' baby:cheers::cheers::cheers:

They wiped up the Phillies and the rest of the mlb with their toilet paper...

WHO'sYOUR DADDY? Yankees Win, theeeeeeeeeee Yankees Win.

Congrats to the Yanks, ya know, there's something heart warming about a nice Riches to Riches story.

Yankees, the best team money can buy!!!

FF

Little jealousy speaking there because the Rays couldn't do it last year? :-D
Not gonna go there. I have that argument so many times with Yankees haters that I get tired of it.
The Yankees hired ballplayers. Don't like it, too bad.

BECAUSE THEY JUST WON #27, BABY!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Do i like baseball? Glad you ask. Several years back the baseball gang went on strike right in the middle of some very good races. I was into it and then they pulled the stoll out from under me because they wanted to make a gazillion more dollars above the gazillion they were already making, so they dropped me and then i dropped them. I'll put them into the same category as the big bleeding heart corporations that took out tax dollars. I didn't watch any game this year and dont really care if anyone wins. They had the same feeling about me a few years back. I got over it and took up Mopars.
Small Block

Little jealousy speaking there because the Rays couldn't do it last year? :-D
Not gonna go there. I have that argument so many times with Yankees haters that I get tired of it.
The Yankees hired ballplayers. Don't like it, too bad.

BECAUSE THEY JUST WON #27, BABY!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
No jealousy. I gave my congrats. The Rays have had the Yanks number the last few years. So they spent 300 million compared to the Rays 30. They are supposed to win when its that lopsided.
You need to be cheering George Steinbrenner, without him would it be possible? I think not.

No jealousy. I gave my congrats. The Rays have had the Yanks number the last few years. So they spent 300 million compared to the Rays 30. They are supposed to win when its that lopsided.
You need to be cheering George Steinbrenner, without him would it be possible? I think not.

Like I said, I've had this discussion so many times....

Ok who will be gone and who will they aquire for next season? Or will they bring back the same team(highly unlikley).

Firstoff exactely when did the Rays have the Yankees number,last season even when the Rays managed to make it to the w.s. they lost 10 of 18 to the Yankees in the regular season...The Yankees made it to the series this year and actually WON IT!!..something the Rays COULDN'T DO!!..doesn't matter who stays or goes the Yankee will still own the Ragsox and Rays once again..NUMBER 27..man that has a nice ring to it:cheers::cheers::cheers:..YANKEES RULE once AGAIN:cheers::cheers:

Firstoff exactely when did the Rays have the Yankees number,last season even when the Rays managed to make it to the w.s. they lost 10 of 18 to the Yankees in the regular season...The Yankees made it to the series this year and actually WON IT!!..something the Rays COULDN'T DO!!..doesn't matter who stays or goes the Yankee will still own the Ragsox and Rays once again..NUMBER 27..man that has a nice ring to it:cheers::cheers::cheers:..YANKEES RULE once AGAIN:cheers::cheers:

The Yankees shouldn't lose at all to them, if they are so good why havn't they done anything the last 9 years with there payroll? Will they take another 9 years to do it again? The Rays are still a young team and can only go up. The Yankees are expected to win. I can see why you guys are so happy today. 9 years of being the best team not to win it all IS humiliating.8)

The Yankees shouldn't lose at all to them, if they are so good why havn't they done anything the last 9 years with there payroll? Will they take another 9 years to do it again? The Rays are still a young team and can only go up. The Yankees are expected to win. I can see why you guys are so happy today. 9 years of being the best team not to win it all IS humiliating.8)

Not humiliated at all i've seen the Yankees win SEVEN oh make that EIGHT w.s. titles..when the Rays win one let us all know,by then the Yankees will probably have over thirty:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

Anything can happen. Nobody thought the Bucs would win a superbowl. :cheers: Or that the Lightning would win the Stanley Cup.

Congrats to the Yanks, ya know, there's something heart warming about a nice Riches to Riches story.

Yankees, the best team money can buy!!!

FF

You know, this always bothers me.

Yanks put themselves in the best position to win by getting the best players that are available. It does not always work out as evidenced by the last 8-9 years. But last time I checked, other teams have the same opportunity to buy players. The Yankees are not satisfied with mediocrity and always try to do what it takes to put the best players on the field that they can. However, you still have to go out and play the games. You can't count on all your best players staying healthy. And the Yankees managed to have a lot of heart this year as evidenced by the way they came from behind all season, led the league in walk-off wins and basically ground out a W however they could.

On the other hand, last night's win was almost a little anti-climactic for me since the expectations are so high - anything less is a failure and you expect them to win every year.

It can be tough to be a Yankee fan sometimes because of this though I imagine I won't get much sympathy in that regard. Sometimes the fun and anxiety of rooting for my team gets diminished. My wife hates watching games with me since I'm so cynical about it. She'll never understand, she's a Met fan.

Anyway, a great win. They beat two great teams in a row in the Angels and Phils. It was compelling baseball. Glad the season is over tough, it's November for crissakes.

You are right rmchrgr, every team could do it but only George S. does. When he bought this team back in the early-mid 70's they were bad. He turned them into a winner buy the late 70's. Then they had a 20 year WS slump.
Is there talk of Trump trying to buy the team? or is that a bad rumor.

You know, this always bothers me.

Yanks put themselves in the best position to win by getting the best players that are available. It does not always work out as evidenced by the last 8-9 years. But last time I checked, other teams have the same opportunity to buy players. The Yankees are not satisfied with mediocrity and always try to do what it takes to put the best players on the field that they can. However, you still have to go out and play the games. You can't count on all your best players staying healthy. And the Yankees managed to have a lot of heart this year as evidenced by the way they came from behind all season, led the league in walk-off wins and basically ground out a W however they could.

On the other hand, last night's win was almost a little anti-climactic for me since the expectations are so high - anything less is a failure and you expect them to win every year.

It can be tough to be a Yankee fan sometimes because of this though I imagine I won't get much sympathy in that regard. Sometimes the fun and anxiety of rooting for my team gets diminished. My wife hates watching games with me since I'm so cynical about it. She'll never understand, she's a Met fan.

Anyway, a great win. They beat two great teams in a row in the Angels and Phils. It was compelling baseball. Glad the season is over tough, it's November for crissakes.

You think its tough being a Yankee fan at least you live in N.Y. trying being a Yankee fan living in Boston..lol..but like Derek Jeter has said before the booing and hatered of the Yankees feeds the fire and desire to win,same with the fans just makes me feel warm all over:cheers::cheers::cheers:

You think its tough being a Yankee fan at least you live in N.Y. trying being a Yankee fan living in Boston..lol..

Still amazing to me that you're such a rabid Yankee fan right in the middle of Sox nation... I give you credit Dave, those people are LUNATICS. That's what happens when you only have one team in your little city that couldn't manage to win anything for 85 years.

Still, lot of Yankee hatred out there. It's because the Yanks win and are willing to do what it takes to win. Other, lesser franchises wallow in mediocrity for their entire existence and suffer from owners who don't know a curveball from a soccer ball.

-
Back