Go Wing or No wing on a 72 Demon 340

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
Go wing or No wing on my 72 Demon 340?? I know this is personal taste for the most part but the two sides of my brain can't agree. Was the 72 demon offered with a wing? If so witch one Go or Gull? I'm really in need of your input/ opinions. The car is going to be painted it's birth color B-3 Blue with all the correct striping.

Thanks in advance.

Do whatever you like...it is your car.

Obviously, I am a fan of the wing.

Attachments

• demon06.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 424
Not sure if the Demon came with a wing,but if it did it would be a Gull Wing in 72.
The Go Wing was a one year only (1970 Dart,Duster,Scamp) wing.
Any wing after 1970 would be a Gull Wing.
Wings are awesome......

Neither. Direct Connection "Ducktail".

My personal preference is no wing at all......but just by a bit in my mind, I'd say 60/40.

Took mine off the Duster ASAP and sold it! Looks cleaner and I always thought they looked "gimmicky" and out of place on these A bodies but if your car came with one I understand wanting to keep it on....but I would not add one. $ better spent elsewhere besides they only add 20hp....:burnout:

it's not a yellow-only thing:D

and I like the wings more than the DC spoiler. Then again, this one was on the car when I bought it in '89.

1970 Go wing
early 1971 Go wing
late 1971 gull wing
very early 1972 ribbed deck lid with spoiler cutouts gull wing
most 1972's no wing.

I have never seen a 1972 with a factory wing. I have seen the deck lids with cut outs that were ribbed but no wings and only 2 in all my years of stripping and buying these cars.

like said previously gull would be correct for your year and with the right combo would look killer.

I don't care for them myself.. Agree with others it just looks out of place to me.. Duck tail looks better but good luck finding one..

Took mine off the Duster ASAP and sold it! Looks cleaner and I always thought they looked "gimmicky" and out of place on these A bodies but if your car came with one I understand wanting to keep it on....but I would not add one. $ better spent elsewhere besides they only add 20hp....:burnout:
I could not have said it better myself. X2

i like A Bodies with and without, i don't think i would add a gull wing to my car unless it came with one BUT the PO of my car put this one on so i guess it stays.

Yellow Duster here....so Yes, I have a wing! LOL But, I always liked the look, and I think it compliments the hood scoop.

Pat

-
Back