goin BB

-
I would be happy to share my challenges and remedies with you. I have lots of pictures and information that will help you out with your project.
Yes I know Brian at RPM.
Send me a pm and we can exchange emails. JasonView attachment 1715236764
Hello Jason65, my email is [email protected] Im going to require a bigger torsion bars, are these available used anywhere you are aware of?

My 2 cents - drop the K member and mount engine to K member first. Shove it under the car and bolt it in, lowering the body onto it. I did a 69 Cuda. Wish I did it that way for what it was worth. Looks easy doing it the other way but don't be fooled.

139A9080-D6E0-42EF-A863-ED4460AD2AAC.jpeg
BD5A5E10-3188-46FC-B8CB-94B608ED7E52.jpeg
Really,really nice to do with the help of a lift and a GM dolly. With getting the headers to fit it was in and out 3 times.

:thumbsup: Imagine trying to do it with the motor back in the car.... Hope your going to change out those front brakes, it's going to need it.

Some of us do not have lifts so we have to put a motor in from the top side. Been doing it this way for years.

65.JPG

Just finished this swap : 383,727 with Schumacher mounts and T.T.I. headers . bolted it all together on the floor and put all in from the bottom . SLICK ! I used Lokar throttle and kd lever cable . MUCH better. Cooling is an issue but solvable . No power steering, no power brakes , no A/C, no heater , column shift , Wilwoods , M/T's, old school project

My 2 cents - drop the K member and mount engine to K member first. Shove it under the car and bolt it in, lowering the body onto it. I did a 69 Cuda. Wish I did it that way for what it was worth. Looks easy doing it the other way but don't be fooled.

Some of us do not have lifts so we have to put a motor in from the top side. Been doing it this way for years.

View attachment 1715244390

Just finished my project almost identical to yours. It's a 69 Dart. I used the big TTI's, yea a bit pricey but ya get what ya pay for. Picked the car up with a cherry picker (don't really need a lift) rolled the engine under using my homemade wooden stand with headers, and K-member attached (could of added brakes, shocks and steering
linkage as well. However being by myself got a bit stressed; it slid in WITHOUT a scratch or ding on the $1000 set of headers and bolted it in. The only difference between mine and "383Scampman" was mine is a floor shift vs his column shift. Never again will I go in from the top however each his own. Here's the link.
My Western Sport Special
Anyone who goes in from the top hasn't tried it from the bottom.

Last edited:
-
Back